Ability New Brunswick is looking for a passionate, motivated and creative Rehabilitation Counsellor to provide services in the Moncton and Bathurst regions. The successful candidate will implement the association's Navigator Framework through direct services to persons with a mobility disability. The Rehabilitation Counsellor will engage in the role of counsellor, planner, navigator, and facilitator to ultimately empower the independence and full community participation of persons who have a mobility disability. The candidate will work with individuals and their support networks to identify needs and goals, set goals, develop action plans, identify solutions and mobilize supports and services.
The successful applicant must possess the following qualifications:
- Post-secondary degree in Social Work, Psychology, Sociology or Human Services
- Experience in counselling and person-centred planning
- Excellent organizational, time-management, communication, relationship building, writing & facilitation skills
- Excellent problem-solving & creative thinking skills
- A knowledge of and passion for disability issues
- A strong knowledge of community resources
- Strong computer skills and high level of proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Proficiency in English is required. Bilingual ability an asset.
Salary: $38,000 to $44,000 + benefit package. Valid driver's license, travel and service delivery within urban and rural areas in New Brunswick, and use of own vehicle is required. Applications must be received at the address below no later than September 10, 2021 at noon. Only applicants invited for an interview will be contacted.