Communications Coordinator (Bilingual)
Step 8 Management Salary Scale
($2,486.20 - $3,107.75 bi-weekly)
Competition # 5907.21
The City of Fredericton is seeking a bilingual Communications Coordinator to help create rich, dynamic content for the City's communications platforms, in particular digital platforms, including social media. Reporting to the Communications Manager, and working as part of a team, the coordinator will assist with the planning, development and delivery of a variety of internal and external communications efforts, and provide support to media relations, event management and other corporate initiatives.
- Provide general communication expertise and support to municipal initiatives with emphasis on digital and social media platforms.
- Develop and post content, including videos and rich media, and prepare news releases, speeches, briefing notes, brochures, and other public documents.
- Monitor and provide analytical reporting on social media; prepare and post material/response for social media on multiple channels.
- Develop content and post material to the City's website.
- Assist with media inquiries, act as a spokesperson for the City of Fredericton, in both English and French.
- Attend committee meetings and other Council meetings, as required.
- Position may require evening and weekend work on occasion.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Confidentiality required.
Education and Experience:
- A university degree or post-secondary diploma in communications, marketing, public relations or related discipline, or acceptable equivalent.
- 2-4 years related experience.
Knowledge and Desired Skills:
- Spoken and written competence, in English and French, is required.
- Experience in managing social media platforms and developing rich media content for social media.
- High degree of comfort with a variety of social media platforms.
- Knowledge in developing and implementing communications plans and associated tactics.
- Strong verbal, writing and editing skills
- Experience in dealing with stakeholders and the media.
- Good interpersonal skills, with the ability to work alone or in a team.
- Highly organized, with strong time management skills.
- Demonstrated abilities related to political acumen and situational awareness.
- Audio-visual / photography skills considered an asset.
- Proficiency with Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Hootsuite and Microsoft Office, includingPowerPoint and Excel.
- Class 5 drivers' license
Interested applicants may apply in writing to
by 4:30 pm on 3 August 2021.
The City of Fredericton is an equal opportunity employer.
Only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted.