Registered Nurse (RN)
Shannex Incorporated is a leading and innovative provider of senior's accommodation, care and service in the Maritimes and Ontario. Shannex is an expanding organization that currently employs 5000 people. We are on an exciting path of continued growth that will offer outstanding living choices, improved services and exceptional careers.
The future is bright at Shannex. Currently operating five retirement living campuses in New Brunswick, we are continuing to grow with the addition of two new campuses in New Brunswick. To support this growth, we are recruiting individuals who will deliver service and care that reflect our organizational values of Clients First, Improving Quality, Trusted Partnerships, Great People and Being Accountable.
Tucker Hall is part of the Parkland Saint John campus located at 40 Vitality Way, Saint John, NB. With an open and spacious design, Tucker Hall is home to 90 residents who require nursing home care in a friendly and supportive atmosphere. Each of our 5 neighbourhoods, offers a dining area and living and activity rooms. Our residents live in their very own spacious, well-appointed suite, each offering a picture window for natural light and outdoor views.
We are pleased to offer the following exciting new opportunity:
Saint John location
Part-Time (0.6 and 0.9 FTE) Positions Available
What we offer:
- Rewarding work environment in that we see a measurable difference in contributing to the quality of life for our residents and their families;
- Market Competitive Compensation Plan;
- 6% Company Matching RRSP Program for Registered Staff
- Flexible scheduling;
- Free parking onsite;
- Walking distance to popular coffee and lunch locations;
- Employee Recognition Program;
- Ongoing Education & Career Development opportunities that encourage our employees to upgrade their skills.
- Supportive Leadership Team that promotes a respectful workplace; encourages teamwork and values and recognizes our workforce for their accomplishments and contributions.
- Team Driven, Collaborative Environment;
- Opportunities for career growth advancement and experience.
What you will do:
Located in Millidgeville and reporting to the Health Services Manager, our Registered Nurses are part of a professional interdisciplinary team within the Shannex Retirement Living Division. The Registered Nurse (RN) plans, directs, and evaluates total nursing care, and management of other nursing personnel on a shift and unit.
How you will do it:
- Assessing, planning, implementing, evaluating, documenting and directing clients needs through consultation with medical professionals, care conferences and internal staff;
- Providing leadership to health services staff and overseeing provision of quality health services respecting the client's right to individualized, planning of health services;
- Developing and implementing of client directed Care Plans;
- Working with the existing management and health services teams to promote communication and compliance to policies, procedures and applicable legislation;
- Assisting with the development, implementation and evaluation of client care plans;
- Administering and recording prescribed medication as per company policy and scope of practice;
- Maintaining the standards of accurate and complete documentation and reporting;
- Applying dressings and treatments according to physician's orders and policy;
- Assisting with supervision and evaluation of job performance and behavior of other health care staff.
The must haves:
- Graduate of approved School of nursing, bachelor of Science in Nursing preferred;
- Current registration with the provincial association of Registered Nurses;
- Current First Aid and CPR certification;
- Alzheimer's & other Dementia Care course, U-First training preferred;
- Palliative / Hospice Care experience preferred;
- Previous experience in working with the clients in long-term care or a senior's independent living environment required.
- Ability to work a schedule of flexible hours and shifts inclusive of days, nights, weekends and holidays;
- Clear Criminal Record Check;
- Clear Social Development Check
Supplemental Qualifications considered an asset:
- Strong leadership and assessment skills plus the ability to multitask in this fast-past, yet rewarding environment;
- Demonstrated supervisory skills and experience with evaluating employee job performance;
- Demonstrated computer skills and experience with electronic information systems;
- Ability to supervise staff including organizing, prioritizing and scheduling work assignments.
Great People is a core value at Shannex based on the belief that our team members are the spirit and foundation of the organization. Shannex is committed to offering the best environment for team members where everyone takes pride in their work and in the organization. Our colleagues are committed to service excellence and are supported with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are building a culture that supports the balance between work and personal life.
We offer a comprehensive compensation and an attractive benefit plan.
If you are looking for an opportunity to grow your career and make your mark in a rapidly growing organization, please apply.
All applications are kept in strict confidentiality.