Service New Brunswick
Permanent Full Time
Administrative Services Level 4
The Technology Services Division of Service New Brunswick is searching for an individual who would enjoy a meaningful and challenging role as a key contributor in the efficient operations of the Technology Services Division within Service New Brunswick.
If you are a results-oriented team player, with excellent client service and multi-tasking skills, you would be a welcome addition to our team.
Reporting to the Vice Presidents of Technology Services, the Administrative Assistant will be responsible to provide administration and coordination functions to a team of over 750 IT professionals located throughout the Province. Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Administration of the division's tool used to request and track procurement services
- Coding specialist for the branch's budget
- Maintaining files as well as other records management tasks
- Assisting with purchase approvals, contract renewals and preparing expense claims
- Managing the Vice President's calendar including coordinating travel arrangements
- Scheduling and preparing for meetings and taking minutes of meetings as necessary
- Direct contact with clients and vendors for scheduling meetings and presentations
- Monitoring and managing office supplies
- Preparing, proofreading, formatting, and/or producing reports, presentations and correspondence
- Coordinating translation requests
- Providing reception services and responding to inquiries
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS: Graduation from High School supplemented by a one-year related postsecondary diploma plus a minimum of five (5) years of related experience.
Written and spoken competence in English and French is required.
Applicants must clearly demonstrate the essential qualifications to be given further consideration. Please state your language capability on your application and ensure that preferred language for assessment is clearly identified.
ASSET QUALIFICATIONS: Preference may be given to candidates who demonstrate they have training or experience in one or more of the following areas:
Proficient use of Microsoft Office tools, Microsoft Teams and SharePoint online.
Subject to the response to this competition, candidates may be required to demonstrate on their application one or more of the asset qualifications in addition to the essential qualifications in order to be given further consideration.
BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES: The successful candidate will possess the following behavioral competencies:
- Client Service Orientation
- Effective Interactive Communication
- Concern for Order
- Results Orientation
- Teamwork and Cooperation
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES: The successful candidate will possess the following technical competencies:
- Knowledge of Administrative Processes and Practices
- Ability to Use Office Technology, Software and Applications
- Planning and Organizing Skills
- Records and Information Management
Resumes should be in chronological order specifying education and employment in months and years including part-time and full-time employment.
Salary : $42, 744 - $51, 922 annually - Administrative Services Level 4 - Administrative Assistants, Clerical and Regulatory, Office, Data Processing and Duplicating Equipment Operation
We strongly encourage you to submit your application via the online portal https://www.ere.gnb.ca/competition.aspx?lang=E&t=Y, by using the "Apply Online" button, to increase the efficiency and maintain a consistent candidate experience. Please ensure your application is complete by July 27. 2021 and indicate competition number R85-2021/22-331
In the unlikely event that you experience technical difficulties or are unable to complete your application online, you can submit your application documents to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at the below address.
Service New Brunswick
850 Lincoln Rd
PO Box 1998
Fredericton, NB E3B 4Z7
Telephone: (506) 457-3580
We thank all those who apply however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Candidates registered with the Equal Employment Opportunity Program and veterans, who demonstrate they are among the most qualified, shall be given preference at the time of appointment.
We promote a scent-reduced environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The New Brunswick Public Service: Improving the lives of New Brunswickers every day!