$18.42 / hour plus $137.89 BSA biweekly
CUPE LOCAL 1783
This position is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of a bus, in accordance with established procedures and regulations. In dealing with the public, the transit operator acts as a representative of the City and promotes the transit system by providing prompt and courteous service to transit customers. Incumbents may work varying shifts throughout the day, which would involve split shifts. Fredericton Transit operates from 5:55 am until 11:25 pm six days a week or as otherwise scheduled.
Candidates invited to participate in the competition process will be required to provide a criminal record check prior to hire.
- Operates a Transit vehicle in a safe and courteous manner on specified routes and schedules.
- Provides schedule / route information to customers.
- Collects fares according to fare structure from riders of the system.
- Monitors the vehicles while in service, reporting any malfunctions to and following instructions of Maintenance Supervisor.
- Performs related work as required.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum prerequisite is secondary education, combined with a minimum of three years driving experience. An equivalent combination of training and experience may be considered.
Work With Us
Knowledge and Desired Skills:
- The ability to obtain a class 2 NB drivers license with air endorsement.
- Knowledge of traffic laws, ordinances and regulations involved in vehicle operation, and knowledge of the occupational hazards and the safety precautions involved in the operation of the vehicle.
- Previous experience in dealing with the public, and experience in the operation of a commercial vehicle in excess of one ton are considered assets.
- Ability to communicate in both official languages may be considered an asset.
Interested individuals may apply in writing to [email protected]
The City of Fredericton is an equal opportunity employer.
Only those candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.