AWS Solution Architect
Mariner Partners in Fredericton, NB
As one of the largest professional services firms in Atlantic Canada, Mariner has a team of 200+ management and technology consultants working with our public and private sector clients throughout Atlantic Canada and beyond.Our team delivers specific strengths in the areas of digital transformation, digital health, organizational change management, and in key technical areas including cybersecurity, IT infrastructure, BI & Analytics.
The AWS Solution Architect will possess a unique balance of technical depth and strong interpersonal skills to launch and grow new platform services. He/she will leadArchitecture, Design, and Implementation activitiesfor large scale AWS cloud deployments. He/she will work with extended team of infrastructure architects, data architects, and software architects to build solutions for Mariner's clients in public sector, utilities, telecommunications, and other sectors.
The Architect will provide architectural leadership and mentorship both within Mariner, and within our clients' technical teams.
This role is a Consultant Architect position. The successful candidate will be well versed in all phases of the consulting cycle from pre-sales through the design and delivery. He/she will be comfortable presenting complex technical concepts at an appropriate level for a wide range of audiences (technical, management, and executive).
The AWS Solution Architect possesses extensive technical skills within the AWS technology ecosystem, and will have expert level understanding of most orall of the following:
- Architecture and design oflarge-scale AWS hybrid cloud deployments.
- Expert level knowledge of OS (Unix/Linux, Windows) and Databases (Oracle PL/SQL, SQL, MS SQL)
- Design and Provisioning ofDev/Test/Prod Infrastructure environments.
- High availability, data redundancy, data loss prevention, site recovery, and resilience.
- High throughput and scalable architectures; and capacity planning and load balancing strategies.
- Demonstrate deep understanding of AWS Security solutions
- Analytics and monitoring expertise
- Automation of infrastructure applications and software defined networking.
- Strong general background in legacy infrastructures, networking, and security related infrastructure.
Other basic qualifications include:
- 15+ years professional experience in a large enterprise (mandatory) or professional services (preferred) environment.
- Bachelor or Masters degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field.
- Relevant industry certifications including some combination of AWS Solution Architect - Professional / AWS Certified DevOps Engineer- Professional / AWS Security Specialty and/or TOGAF.
- Exceptional oral, written, and listening communication skills.
- Specific experience working with Public Service, Utility, and Telecommunication organizations of all sizes (strongly preferred)
Why Mariner Partners?
We believe in making a positive impact in the communities where we live and work - our team is located in major cities all across Canada, throughout the US and internationally. We are proud to be headquartered here and are passionate about growing a strong technology sector here in Atlantic Canada and beyond. We offer competitive compensation; benefits packages and training and development.
We recognize that empowered employees are more innovative, more efficient, deliver better customer service and can flat out-perform conventional organizations. Our people have built products for national deployments at the world's largest TV and Internet companies and leading real estate, financial and government organizations.
We are looking for passionate IT professionals who are curious about data, who love solving problems for customers and who want to grow their careers.