Web and Technology Specialist
Department of Tourism, Heritage and Culture
Web and Technology Specialist
Pay Band 4
Personal Service Contract
The Department of Tourism, Heritage and Culture is seeking an individual to join the Destination and Marketing Branch as a Web and Technology Specialist working at Marysville Place in Fredericton, NB.
The Tourism Division of the Department of Tourism, Heritage and Culture is responsible for promoting the province as a world-class tourist destination, targeting high yield customers in core markets such as Ontario, Quebec, New England, the Mid Atlantic United States, UK, Germany and France through the development and implementation of multi-faceted, results-driven marketing strategies. The tourism division is also responsible for supporting the increase of marketing capacity for the tourism industry.
As a member of the Web and Technology team, the successful candidate will create and lead web and technology implementation throughout divisional efforts. The duties and responsibilities include:
Content Management System (CMS) specialist including but not limited to:
- Strategy & marketing back-end integration
- Project management and implementation of web content & updates
- Analytics management and reporting
- Content management
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Lead (tool example: Cyclone IDSS Tempest) including but not limited to:
- Onboarding and roll-out within Destination Marketing team
- Integration efforts of the web, trade, product and media project leads
- Industry email list management
- Technical support for consumer email integration in support of email marketing efforts
- Integration with promotional item inventory (brand project lead)
- Support other web and technology efforts as required
- Learning Management System (LMS) Lead, including but not limited to:
- Research available LMS platforms or off-shelf solutions that will be used by the tourism industry and visitor information centres
- Lead deployment of LMS
- Coordinate LMS content and deployment
- Technical support for LMS
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS: A two-year (2) College Diploma in Technology related program with emphasis on web/internet technology. A minimum of six (6) years of related work experience including at least two (2) years of experience working with a Content Management System (CMS) and project management. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
Written and spoken competence in English is required. Please state your language capability.
Applicants must clearly demonstrate the essential qualifications to be given further consideration. Please ensure that preferred language for assessment is identified on your resume.
ASSET QUALIFICATIONS: Preference may be given to candidates that demonstrate:
- Considerable experience with Drupal CMS
- Experience working with digital production workflow and project management tools and software (Trello)
- Experience in leading a team
- Experience in digital technologies
- Copywriting and editing skills
Subject to the response to this competition, candidates may be required to demonstrate on their application one or more of the asset qualifications in addition to the essential qualifications in order to be given further consideration.
BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES: The successful candidate will possess the following behavioural competencies:
- Analytical Thinking / Judgement
- Conceptual Thinking
- Creative Thinking / Innovation
- Teamwork and Cooperation
TECHNICAL COMPTENCIES: The successful candidate will possess the following technical competencies:
- Subject Matter Expertise and Knowledge
- Project Management
Résumés should be in chronological order specifying education and employment in months and years including part-time and full-time employment.
Salary: $1,928 to $2,695 bi-weekly
We encourage applicants to apply on-line https://www.ere.gnb.ca/competition.aspx?lang=E&t=Y, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at the following address indicating competition number: R18-2021/22-533.
Department of Tourism, Heritage & Culture
Human Resource Branch
Marysville Place, 4th floor,
P.O. Box 6000, Fredericton, NB E3B 5H1
This competition will remain open until the position is filled.
We thank all those who apply however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Candidates registered with the Equal Employment Opportunity Program and veterans, who demonstrate they are among the most qualified, shall be given preference at the time of appointment.
We promote a scent-reduced environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The New Brunswick Public Service: Improving the lives of New Brunswickers every day!