We work with the world's leading brands and publishers to drive visual performance across all of their marketing channels. The DevOps Engineer offers a unique opportunity to build and support products for the world's leading brands and publishers such as Apple, Nordstrom, Sephora, Unilever, and Hearst from our office in the heart of downtown Halifax.
As a DevOps Engineer you will play a key role in the overall success of Dash Hudson by managing, and monitoring internal systems and infrastructure. You will be responsible for various engineering efforts related to automation, scalability and security.
Here's a few interesting details about our tech:
- Over 30 million unique monthly visitors for tools we support
- Our tools are used on many very popular websites
- Hundreds of TBs of media processed
- Over 1 million images / videos added every month
- Tens of TBs of data in our databases
- Over 100 EC2 production instances
- 99.999% uptime
- Large ML compute clusters for real time feedback
- Large ElasticSearch clusters for snappy searches
- Full CI/CD pipeline, 100% containerized microservice architecture
- Prototype, design, and implement build system components
- Implement automation tools and frameworks (CI/CD pipelines).
- Collaborate with team members to improve the company's engineering tools, systems / procedures, and data security.
- Optimize the company's computing architecture.
- Conduct systems tests for security, performance, and availability.
- Develop and maintain design and troubleshooting documentation.
- Troubleshoot production issues and coordinate with the development team to streamline code deployment.
- Provide assistance to on-call support staff (service reliability / incident mitigation)
- Develop data, process and network models to optimize architecture and to evaluate the performance and reliability of designs
- Assess, test, troubleshoot, document, upgrade and develop maintenance procedures for operating systems, communications environments and applications software
- 4+ years of experience as a DevOps Engineer or similar role(s)
- Experience with Linux server environments
- Strong working knowledge of containers and orchestration (docker + kubernetes)
- Knowledge of primary AWS services / components (EC2, ELB, RDS, Route53, S3, etc)
- Familiarity with infrastructure automation tools / Infrastructure as Code (terraform)
- Proficiency with APIs / microservices architecture
- Knowledge of system/network security and data backup/recovery
- Ability to create scripts using Bash, Python or other language
- Experience with Rancher for managing kubernetes clusters (preferred)
- Familiarity with GitOps concepts (preferred)
- Resourcefulness and problem-solving aptitude
- Excellent communication skills
Work With Us
At Dash Hudson, we strive to build great solutions that solve real problems for marketers, and are unabashed about our unique ability to be the best at what we do. To achieve our goals as a company and provide a service to our customers that is unmatched, we believe that collaboration and support among the team is what propels us forward.
Dash Hudson would not exist without the dedicated employees who contribute their unique skills, voices, and ideas to the long-term success of the company. Building a diverse and talented team is an integral part of creating an innovative and well-rounded product, and work environment.
Dash Hudson's hiring practices and company culture does not condone discrimination based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law.
At Dash Hudson our team is our competitive advantage. We are committed to supporting one another and we work hard to make sure everyone has the support they need. In addition to health and dental benefits for you and your family, you can also expect:
- Vacation, personal days and sick time - because everyone deserves time to rest and recharge
- RRSP matching - because investing in your future self is important
- Annual mental health benefit - taking care of yourself allows you to show up as the best version of you at both work and home.
- Quarterly wellness benefit - do something for yourself that you may not do otherwise. Think personal travel, fitness, benefits top up allowance, learning and things for your overall well-being.
- Donation matching program - twice a year Dash Hudson matches contributions made by the team, to strengthen communities and organizations that we care about.
- Parental leave top up plan - welcoming a new addition to the family is a big change for anyone, we are here to support with that
- Work from home benefit - if you choose to work from home, you will have the funds needed to set up a space that supports your productivity and looks great too!
- Flexible working hours and location - it's a hybrid world and we are happy to be living in it! We're happy to accommodate a balance of working from home and in the office arrangements.
- Departmental and team-wide bonding activities - we value collaborative and supportive teams, so we get together to connect outside of our day-to-day as well.