Department of Tourism, Heritage and Culture
(June to September 2021)
Acadian Historical Village
The Department of Tourism, Heritage and Culture is seeking an individual to fill the position of Security Officer with the Acadian Historical Village team.
As a member of the Acadian Historical Village team, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following duties:
- Patrolling grounds to protect against fire, theft and vandalism
- Locking gates, buildings, vehicles, etc.
- Monitoring visitors/clients for adherence to rules/policies
- Granting access to public
- Operating light vehicles
- Performing other tasks as required
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS: Applicants must possess a high school diploma or GED. A valid Class 5 Driver's license is also required. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
Please include a copy of your driver's license and a current Driver's Abstract (available from Service New Brunswick) with your application.
Written and spoken competence in English and French is required. Please state your language capability.
Applicants must clearly demonstrate the essential qualifications to be given further consideration. Please ensure that preferred language for assessment is identified on your resume.
ASSET QUALIFICATIONS: Preference may be given to candidates that demonstrate:
- A minimum of one-year (1) related experience
- Experience in a customer service environment
- A valid Emergency First Aid/CPR certification
Subject to the response to this competition, candidates may be required to demonstrate on their application one or more of the asset qualifications in addition to the essential qualifications in order to be given further consideration.
The following operational requirements are also required:
- Working nights and weekends
- Shift work (days and nights)
- Working on all types of terrain and in all weather conditions (be able to walk long distances)
- Flexible hours depending on assigned work schedule
BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES: The successful candidate will possess the following behavioural competencies:
- Analytical Thinking/Judgement
- Effective Interactive Communication
TECHNICAL COMPTENCIES: The successful candidate will possess the following technical competency:
- Knowledge of Health and Safety Procedures
Résumés should be in chronological order specifying education and employment in months and years including part-time and full-time employment.
Salary: $14.90 per hour
We encourage applicants to send their application by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail or in person at the following address indicating the competition number: R18-2021/22-436
Village historique acadien
5 rue du Pont
(506) 726-2540, ext. 3
This competition will remain open until the position is filled.
We thank all those who apply however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Candidates registered with the Equal Employment Opportunity Program and veterans, who demonstrate they are among the most qualified, shall be given preference at the time of appointment.
We promote a scent-reduced environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The New Brunswick Public Service: Improving the lives of New Brunswickers every day!