Ocean View Continuing Care Centre in Eastern Passage, NS, Canada
Facility: Ocean View Continuing Care Centre
Location: Eastern Passage, Nova Scotia
Job Category: Occupational Therapist, Healthcare
Position Available: Part-Time 0.4 FTE
Ocean View is a Community Governed organization that operates a 171 bed Continuing Care Centre, an active Foundation, and has services that support seniors that live at home and in our community. Our vision is to be the "community of choice" for Nova Scotians needing support in a place they call home. Ocean View is committed to the highest standards of support and services and promotes a healthy workplace for its 320 staff. The organization fosters a healthy work-life balance and uses the latest best practice information at all levels. Fully accredited by Accreditation Canada since 1974 the organizations commitment to excellence is unsurpassed.
Reporting to the Director Therapeutic Services, the Occupational Therapist is responsible for the day-to-day management and effective delivery of quality occupational therapy services for residents with chronic, rehabilitative, and palliative health care needs. The OT provides direct care to a wide variety of adults using a problem solving approach and in accordance with the standards, guidelines, and scope of occupational therapy to facilitate individualized resident care.
- Clinical Master's or Bachelor's degree in Occupational Therapy from an accredited school of Occupational Therapy
- Member in good standing with the College of Occupational Therapists of Nova Scotia (COTNS) and the Nova Scotia Organization of Occupational Therapists (NSSOT). Membership with or eligible for membership with the Candaian Association of Occupational Therapists
- Demonstrated clinical experience providing OT assessments and interventions with adults and seniors
- Demonstrated leadership, clinical reasoning, and creative problem-solving and analytical skills
- Preferred 3-5 years experience working as a clinical OT, minimum 2 years experience in LTC
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to interact effectively with residents and staff.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Team player with a passion for leading others to excel.
- Experience working with a diverse and aging clientele is preferred.
Ocean View Continuing Care Centre Offers:
- Free Parking & on a Bus Route
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Comprehensive Orientation
- A supportive work environment
Salary / Beneifts: We offer a comprehensive compensation package including: a pension plan, attractive health/dental plans, and a competitive salary
Please be aware that OVCCC is a pet friendly environment that is home to several animals including cats, birds, and rabbits.
Please direct all applications to:
Or Fax to: 902-465-4929