Public Trustee Services
12 Month Contract
The New Brunswick Legal Aid Services Commission is seeking an individual to guide applicants and third parties through private Infirm Person's Act application process as well as Public Trustee Estate Applications processes and provide legal administrative support services to lawyers. The successful candidate must have strong attention to detail and be able to identify issues and escalate to the appropriate person when necessary.
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Review, evaluate, and process Intake applications and follow up with referring parties to ensure file completion;
- Create and maintain office files;
- Locate next of kin and/or heirs of clients by using resources (Facebook, Ancestory.ca, vital statistics, etc.);
- Contact next of kin and/or heirs and explain services, and answer any questions regarding services provided;
- Locate and contact stakeholders where required;
- Draft documents and correspondence;
- Provide administrative support to lawyers;
- Respond to general inquiries from the public;
- Other related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent;
- One-year post-secondary administrative services training;
- Two years related administrative services work experience;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite;
- Written and spoken competence in English and French is required.
An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience may be considered.
- Information Seeking;
- Concern for order;
- Client service orientation;
- Effective Interactive Communication.
Salary and benefits will be commensurate with skill level and experience: $1,436 - $1,741 biweekly (NBLASC Administrative Series I).
Applicants interested in this opportunity must send their resume by June 29, 2021 to:
New Brunswick Legal Aid Services Commission
PRIVATE AND CONFIDENTIAL
Att: Human Resources
Intake Officer PT - 12 Month Contract
500 Beaverbrook Court Suite 501
Fredericton, NB E3B 5X4
Or by email: HR-NBLASC.RH-CSAJNB@GNB.CA
*Please state "Intake Officer PT 12 Month Contract" in your email
Note: To be given consideration under this competition, applicants are required to demonstrate on their application how, when, and where they acquired the qualifications required for this position. This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same level. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we promote a scent-reduced environment. We thank all those who apply; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.