Join the Ability NB team!
Seniors Navigator - Miramichi region
(new position, full-time, one-year contract with possibility of renewal, work from home)
Ability New Brunswick is looking for a passionate, motivated and creative Seniors Navigator to provide services in the Northumberland county region. The successful candidate will implement the association's Navigator Framework through direct services to seniors with a mobility disability. The Seniors Navigator will engage in the role of counsellor, planner, and facilitator to ultimately empower the health, independence and full community participation of seniors who have a mobility disability. The candidate will work with individuals, their health and social service teams, and their support networks to identify needs and goals, set goals, develop action plans, identify solutions and mobilize supports and services.
The successful applicant must possess the following qualifications:
- Post-secondary degree in Social Work, Psychology, Sociology or Human Services
- Experience in counselling and person-centred planning with seniors
- Excellent organizational, time-management, communication, relationship building, writing & facilitation skills
- Excellent problem-solving & creative thinking skills
- A knowledge of and passion for disability issues
- A strong knowledge of community resources
- Strong computer skills and high level of proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Bilingual ability in English and French is an asset.
Salary: $38,000 to $44,000 + benefit package. Valid driver's license, travel and service delivery within urban and rural areas within Northumberland county, and use of own vehicle is required. Applications must be received at the address below no later than June 25, 2021 at noon. Only applicants invited for an interview will be contacted.