File Clerk (1001)
Competition #: 4-11154 EXT
Salary: $17.9115 to $19.2799
NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT: CUPE
ZONE: Zone 4 - Northwest
FACILITY: Grand Falls General Hospital
DEPARTMENT: Medical Archives
CLASSIFICATION: File Clerk (1001)
HOURS OF WORK:
8-hour and/or 12-hour shifts - Rotation.
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
ANTICIPATED START DATE: As soon as possible
Perform office tasks such as preparation, verification and filing of records. Answer the phone and respond to requests for records. Perform other related duties as required by the service.
- High school diploma or GED;
- Secretarial postsecondary training of at least 6 months;
- Successful completion of a medical terminology course;
- Demonstrated abilities in organizing and managing the assigned workload;
- Demonstrated abilities in communication and interpersonal relationships;
- Demonstrated abilities working in a changing work environment;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Physical ability to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, to the Network management philosophy and organization values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by the Vitality Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in French and spoken competence in English are required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.