Higher Talent is currently seeking candidates for the senior leadership position of Maintenance Manager for our client, Country Ribbon Inc.
Who We Are:
Country Ribbon Inc. is proud to provide customers with nutritious and delicious fresh and frozen chicken products produced from its farm, feed mill, and processing facilities, located in St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador.
With a long history in the province, Country Ribbon Inc. is on an ambitious path. Its future includes continuous improvement and key decisions on strategic capital investments, production of high-quality marketable products, innovation, financial sustainability and alignment of people, processes, and technology to achieve the full potential of the company.
Country Ribbon Inc. employs over 300 people and markets its products under Country Ribbon, Pinehill and other brand names. Unique in Newfoundland and Labrador, the company is the province's only fully integrated chicken producer and processor, being involved in every stage of the process, from farm to plate. Country Ribbon always goes the distance to ensure quality and safety in what we do. A proud contributor to the poultry industry in Newfoundland and Labrador and beyond, Country Ribbon Inc. is an anchor in the local agriculture economy and is integrated with the region's retail, restaurant, and poultry supply chain.
Reporting to the President and General Manager, as a member of the Senior Leadership Team, the Maintenance Manager will be responsible to:
- Lead corporate maintenance activities to ensure all facilities, machinery and equipment are meeting optimal operational efficiencies and effectiveness,
- Facilitate and foster a team-based approach to maintenance activities at all sites,
- Manage daily activities and work performance of the maintenance team through coaching and mentoring,
- Execute the preventative maintenance program to eliminate unplanned downtime, reduce work order backlog, and lower maintenance and operating costs,
- Provide technical advice and guidance in the analysis and resolution of maintenance and repair issues,
- Ensure occupational, health & safety practices and the food safety program is followed,
- Monitor and analyze Key Performance Indicators and make improvements as required,
- Ensure departmental budgets are appropriately developed, monitored, and adhered to,
- Lead capital project planning, machinery installations and building renovations,
- Coordinate and oversee all work performed by outside contractors.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Proven leadership skills with a strong focus on coaching and motivating,
- A college diploma in Mechanical / Industrial / Electrical Engineering Technology and/or certification as a Journeyperson Millwright,
- 5 years supervisory maintenance experience preferably in a manufacturing environment,
- Strong decision-making capabilities, excellent analytical and problem-solving skills,
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
Our Work Environment:
- We are looking for a leader who thrives being visible on the processing plant floor. A portion of time will also be spent at our Feed Mill operations (Mount Pearl, Long Pond) and Cochrane Pond locations or meeting with our suppliers. Office time will be limited.
- We offer a comprehensive benefits package including a Health Care Spending Account, defined contribution pension plan (matching) and an attractive compensation package.
If you are ready to join the Country Ribbon Team and think you've got what it takes, please apply online.
We embrace diversity. Individuals that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills are encouraged to apply. Applicants considered for the position will be subject to a background check. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.