Nursing Students (RN & LPN)
NURSING STUDENTS (RN & LPN)
TO WORK AS PERSONAL CARE WORKERS (PCW)
Ocean View Continuing Care Centre in Eastern Passage, NS, Canada
Facility: Ocean View Continuing Care Centre
Location: Eastern Passage, Nova Scotia
Job Category: Nursing, Healthcare
Position Available: Temporary Full-time, Temporary Part-time, Casual
Ocean View is a Charitable organization that has been operating since the early 1960's. We provide a variety of services, predominately for seniors and other folks that need a little extra help in day to day living. Between in care living and community supports, we proudly serve over 500 individuals each year through our 320+ staff and 100+ volunteers. Our vision is to be the "community of choice" for Nova Scotians needing support in a place they call home. We are committed to the highest standards of support and services and we promote a healthy workplace for staff. We foster a healthy work-life balance and use the latest best practice information at all levels. Fully accredited by Accreditation Canada since 1974, our commitment to excellence and safety is unsurpassed.
Job Summary: To perform and assist in all aspects of the personal care of the residents.
- You are actively enrolled in a Baccalaureate Nursing Program or Licensed Practical Nursing Program
- You have successfully completed courses covering:
- Body Mechanics: Positioning / Transfers
- Personal Care & Special Treatments
- You hold current certification in CPR / First Aid
- You have completed an applicable clinical placement
- Must provide valid criminal record check and vulnerable record check.
Ocean View Continuing Care Centre Offers:
- Free Parking & on Bus Route
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Comprehensive Orientation
- A supportive work environment
- Casual staff will be paid 10% in lieu of vacation
Salary Range: In accordance with the Collective Agreement between Ocean View and the Ocean View Local CUPE
Rotation: Days/Evenings/Nights: All Shift Hours
Please be aware that OVCCC is a pet friendly environment that is home to several animals including cats, birds, and rabbits.
Please direct all applications to:
Or Fax to: 902-465-4929