Service New Brunswick
Temporary Term Position
(One Year with an Optional One Year Renewal)
Pay Band 3
Service New Brunswick is seeking individuals to join the Technology Services Division for a one-year terms with a possible one-year renewal as Telecommunications Analysts in the Saint John region.
Reporting to the Manager of Access Services, the Telecommunications Analysts responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Providing customer service for voice and data telecommunications technologies across the Healthcare sector
- Procuring, configuring and troubleshooting communications devices, including mobility phones, landlines, fax, pagers, and PTT devices
- Managing an operational ticketing system to track, report and resolve customer services requests
- Maintaining the billing database for accurate financial reporting and payment processing
- Working on assignments with external vendors and other SNB teams to provide excellent customer service, including Healthcare business teams, deskside support analysts and service desk
- Working within the technical standards in place, and to contribute or maintain the necessary documentation for the technologies in use at Service New Brunswick
Please ensure that you indicate the competition number R85-2020/21-980 when applying.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS: A university degree in Computer Science or a related discipline OR successful completion of a two (2) year related college diploma plus a minimum of two (2) years of experience in information technology. Subject to the response to this competition, an equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
Written and spoken competence in English is required.
Applicants must clearly demonstrate the essential qualifications to be given further consideration. Please state your language capability on your application and ensure that preferred language for assessment is clearly identified.
ASSET QUALIFICATIONS: Preference may be given to candidates who demonstrate they have training or experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Experience working within an Incident Management Tracking System
- Experience with Mobility Technologies, such as Mobile Device Management (KME/DEP)
- Experience effectively handling, organizing and prioritizinf multiple duties and assignments
- Experience in a mission-critical, fast-paced environment
Subject to the response to this competition, candidates may be required to demonstrate on their application one or more of the asset qualifications in addition to the essential qualifications in order to be given further consideration.
OPERATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: On occasion, some travel throughout the province may be required.
This position requires flexibility in working hours, which includes some work during evenings and weekends and also requires the successful candidate to carry a cell phone to be on call outside of normal work hours.
Candidates will be required to undergo Criminal History Clearance prior to appointment.
BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES: The successful candidate will possess the following behavioral competencies:
- Analytical Thinking/Judgment
- Client Service Orientation
- Effective Interactive Communication
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES: The successful candidate will possess the following technical competencies:
- Specialized Subject Matter Expertise and Knowledge
Resumes should be in chronological order specifying education and employment in months and years including part-time and full-time employment.
Salary : $45,422 - $63,466 annually - Pay Band 3 - Management and Non-Union Pay Plan
We encourage applicants to apply on-line, by email at HR-RH@snb.ca, or by mail at the following address indicating competition number R85-2020/21-980. This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same level.
THIS COMPETITION WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL POSITIONS ARE FILLED.
Service New Brunswick
850 Lincoln Rd
PO Box 1998
Fredericton, NB E3B 4Z7
Telephone: (506) 457-3580
We thank all those who apply, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Candidates registered with the Equal Employment Opportunity Program and veterans, who demonstrate they are among the most qualified, shall be given preference at the time of appointment.
We promote a scent-reduced environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The New Brunswick Public Service: Improving the lives of New Brunswickers every day!