Service New Brunswick
Pay Band 4
Service New Brunswick is seeking an individual to join the Infrastructure Operations Branch within the Technology Services Division as a Network Analyst in Saint John.
As a member of the Network Access Services team, you will be responsible to provide tier-2 support in the operation and maintenance of the network infrastructure of Service New Brunswick.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Working on issues or assignments from deskside support analysts, the helpdesk or end users
- Working with vendors and senior analysts to bring projects and assignments to resolution
- Remaining current in their field and with the technologies implemented at Service New Brunswick
- Participating in the construction and implementation of various projects and initiatives
- Ensuring that ITIL methodologies including Change, Incident and Problem Management are an aspect of all desktop operating environment support
- Working within the technical standards in place, and contributing to or maintaining the necessary documentation for the technologies in use at Service New Brunswick
- Working within project plans and timelines established by project management
Please ensure that you indicate the competition number R85-2021/22-166 when applying.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS: A university degree in Computer Science or related discipline and a minimum of four (4) years related experience. Subject to the response to this competition, an equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
Written and spoken competence in English is required.
Applicants must clearly demonstrate the essential qualifications to be given further consideration. Please state your language capability on your application and ensure that preferred language for assessment is clearly identified.
ASSET QUALIFICATIONS: Preference may be given to candidates who demonstrate they have training or experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Networking - LAN, WAN, Wireless, Remote Access technologies and other network solutions
- Experience with Cisco equipment
Subject to the response to this competition, candidates may be required to demonstrate on their application one or more of the asset qualifications in addition to the essential qualifications in order to be given further consideration.
OPERATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: This position requires flexibility in working hours, which includes some work during evenings and weekends and also requires the successful candidate to carry a cell phone to be on call outside of normal work hours. On occasion, some travel throughout the province may be required. Work in mechanical environments such as datacenters, interstitial space and closets.
Candidates will be required to undergo a Criminal History Clearance prior to appointment and must be willing to obtain a security clearance.
BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES: The successful candidate will possess the following behavioral competencies:
- Analytical Thinking/Judgment
- Client Service Orientation
- Effective Interactive Communication
- Teamwork and Cooperation
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES: The successful candidate will possess the following technical competencies:
- Specialized Subject Matter Expertise and Knowledge
- Planning & Organizing Skills
Resumes should be in chronological order specifying education and employment in months and years including part-time and full-time employment.
Salary: $50,128- $70,070 annually - Pay Band 4 - Management and Non-Union Pay Plan
We encourage applicants to apply on-line, by email at HR-RH@snb.ca, or by mail at the following address by May 18, 2021 indicating competition number R85-2021/22-166. This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same level within the same work location.
Service New Brunswick
850 Lincoln Rd
PO Box 1998
Fredericton, NB E3B 4Z7
Telephone: (506) 457-3580
We thank all those who apply, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Candidates registered with the Equal Employment Opportunity Program and veterans, who demonstrate they are among the most qualified, shall be given preference at the time of appointment.
We promote a scent-reduced environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The New Brunswick Public Service: Improving the lives of New Brunswickers every day!