Guest Service Coordinator
Department of Tourism, Heritage
GUEST SERVICE COORDINATOR
(Personal Service Contract)
Pay band 2
From May 2021 to May 2022
Mount Carleton Provincial Park
Saint Quentin, NB
The Department of Tourism, Heritage and Culture is seeking an individual to join the Mount Carleton Provincial Park team as a Guest Service Coordinator.
Reporting to the Assistant Park Manager, the successful candidate will perform the following responsibilities and duties:
- Develop and deliver inspiring experiences for all guests including groups while delivering on the Parks NB brand
- Coordinate experience development and delivery with the park supervisors, assistant manager or manager, as required
- Develop and manage partnerships and agreements with concessionaires, private operators, etc.
- In partnership with the Park Manager and the Assistant Park Manager develop and foster regional partnerships through participation in strategic regional organizations
- Plan special events such as opening and closing days, cultural celebrations, and developing new events and programming
- Coordinate with Maintenance Manager to ensure all public areas are clean and welcoming
- Develop, create and maintain social media content for social media channels in both official languages
- Align content, social media presence and conversation strategically with Parks NB and Explore NB Brands
- Oversee the Community Engagement and monitor Social Media Channels, in both official languages
- Maintain relationships and liaise with Marketing and Product Innovation teams
- A Bachelor's Degree in communication, marketing or administration and two (2) years of related work experience OR a two-year (2) college diploma and four (4) years of related work experience.
Written and spoken competence in French and in English is required. Please state your language capability. Descriptions of the language proficiency levels are available here:
Applicants must clearly demonstrate the essential qualifications to be given further consideration. Please ensure that preferred language for assessment is identified on your resume.
ASSET QUALIFICATIONS: Preference may be given to candidates that demonstrate:
- Knowledge of the tourism industry
- Experience in advertising and social media
Subject to the response to this competition, candidates may be required to demonstrate on their application one or more of the asset qualifications in addition to the essential qualifications in order to be given further consideration.
OPERATIONAL REQUIREMENT: The following operational requirement is also required:
Ability to work flexible hours (including evenings, weekend and special events).
BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES: The successful candidate will possess the following behavioral competencies:
- Effective Interactive Communication
- Creative Thinking / Innovation
- Teamwork and Cooperation
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES: The successful candidate will possess the following technical competency:
- Knowledge of Health and Safety Procedures
Résumés should be in chronological order specifying education and employment in months and years including part-time and full-time employment.
SALARY: from $1,608 to $2,244 biweekly
We encourage applicants to apply on-line at www.ere.gnb.ca, by email to email@example.com or by mail at the following address before May 16th , 2021, indicating the competition number R18-2020/21-1641.
TOURISM, HERITAGE AND CULTURE
HUMAN RESOURCE SERVICES
P.O. BOX 6000, FREDERICTON, NB E3B 5H1
We thank all those who apply however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Candidates registered with the Equal Employment Opportunity Program and veterans, who demonstrate they are among the most qualified, shall be given preference at the time of appointment.
We promote a scent-reduced environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The New Brunswick Public Service: Improving the lives of New Brunswickers every day!