Vision Ford is a part of the Lounsbury Group of Companies, a proud New Brunswick company since 1878. Come and join our team of automotive professionals.
Vision Ford is seeking an Accountant to work at our Dealership, in scenic area of the Restigouche River.
The Accountant will conduct a variety of accounting functions that lead into the month-end process and preparation of the financial statements.
- Complete administrative and accounting tasks related to the after purchase cycle of the vehicle
- Assist with processing period end, including journal entries and participate in financial statements preparations
- Administer accounts receivables and payables, posting of all invoices and journal entries, and assist with the month end reconciliation process
- Work with the manufacturer to make claims for incentive rebates, report on sales figures and update the inventory status.
- Responsible for identifying and preventing discrepancies and ensuring integrity of the general ledger
- Reconciliation of balance sheet accounts and updating schedules, including inter-company accounts
- Assist in continuous improvement activities, from idea-generating to implementations
- Assist in the formulation of internal controls and policies to comply with legislation and established best practices
- Completed a post-secondary accounting program at university or college level
- 3-5 years of accounting experience
- Bilingualism: English
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- Self-motivated and proactive with strong analytical aptitude
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to deal with coworkers in a professional manner
- Ability to interpret, analyze, and convey complex financial information, concepts, rules, and standards
- Possesses excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Ability to work cooperatively with other departments without compromising internal controls
- Maintains confidentiality and comply with privacy legislation
Work With Us
The Lounsbury Group of Companies is committed to investing in our employees through training programs and a great work environment, plus:
- Competitive Wages
- Group Benefit Plan including health, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability and long-term disability
- Employee discounts on cars and furniture
- Career growth and continuous development
- Respectful and cohesive working environment with strong company values