Immigration and Diversity Lead
Our client, techNL, a not-for-profit association representing the province's technology and innovation sector for over 30 years, is seeking an experienced Immigration and Diversity Lead to join their team!
The Immigration and Diversity Lead works closely with the Manager, Tech Talent and other techNL staff, the Talent Committee of the Board of Directors, and with Partner staff in achieving the mission and objectives of the organization. techNL represents an amazing, fast paced, cutting edge sector, and with that comes demands for us to constantly learn and adapt. The successful candidate must be creative, embrace change, and be comfortable with creating new ways of providing value to members and the sector.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for developing and executing initiatives that drive and support immigration and diversity in the tech and innovation sector
- Oversee projects and events that include budget responsibilities
- Engage techNL member companies, community and government supports and partners
- Provide matching services between companies and talent, bringing economies of scale, efficiencies, and speed
- Provide linkages between companies and individuals for local services and supports - for example, help immigrants find supports needed in the community for moving and staying
- Presentations and moderating sessions (both virtual and in person)
- Explore establishing relationships with 2-3 countries that can help address our talent gap
- Some international/national travel may be required; some local travel will be required
- Role on committees and working groups
- Other administration duties
- The Employee may also be required to perform other related services as directed by the Employer's management
Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree in business, education or related field - significant experience may be considered in lieu of specific education requirements
- 5-10 years' experience managing projects/programs, with strong attention to detail
- Experience in leading multi-stakeholder collaborative initiatives
- Experience in marketing, event creation and delivery
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of immigration and diversity in provincial/regional ecosystems
- Self-starter, pro-active, dynamic and able to execute with minimal supervision
- Creativity in developing solutions to challenges
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
techNL offers a competitive compensation package, amazing opportunities to engage with exciting, cutting edge tech companies, and fantastic learning opportunities.
For more information, visit www.technl.ca
If you are excited by the opportunity to work for a highly successful company, please apply online.
We embrace diversity. Individuals that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills are encouraged to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest, however; only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.