High School Talent Lead
Our client, techNL, a not-for-profit association representing the province's technology and innovation sector for over 30 years, is seeking an experienced High School Talent Lead to join their team!
The High School Talent Lead works closely with the Manager, Tech Talent and other techNL staff, the Talent Committee of the Board of Directors, and with Partner staff in achieving the mission and objectives of the organization. techNL represents an amazing, fast paced, cutting edge sector, and with that comes demands for us to constantly learn and adapt. The successful candidate must be creative, embrace change, and be comfortable with creating new ways of providing value to members and the sector.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for developing and executing initiatives that drive and support awareness of the tech and innovation sector and that build a long-term talent pipeline
- Oversee projects and events that include budget responsibilities, including support for the high school internship program
- Engage techNL member companies, community and government supports and partners, school districts and schools in developing programs that help make youth aware of opportunities
- Help to expand the quality and number of tech-related courses/programs offered to K-12 students (both curriculum and non-curriculum)
- Give presentations, moderate in-person and online sessions
- Write reports, proposals, and other marketing/information collateral
- Provide linkages between companies and talent, and among other partners
- Role on committees and working groups
- Some travel within province is required
- Other administration duties
- The Employee may also be required to perform other related services as directed by the Employer's management
Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree in business, education or related field - significant experience may be considered in lieu of specific education requirements
- 5-10 years' experience managing projects/programs, with strong attention to detail
- Experience in leading multi-stakeholder collaborative initiatives
- Experience in marketing, event creation and delivery
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of immigration and diversity in provincial/regional ecosystems
- Self-starter, pro-active, dynamic and able to execute with minimal supervision
- Creativity in developing solutions to challenges
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
techNL offers a competitive compensation package, amazing opportunities to engage with exciting, cutting edge tech companies, and fantastic learning opportunities.
If you are excited by the opportunity to work for a highly successful company, please apply online.
We embrace diversity. Individuals that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills are encouraged to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest, however; only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.