Local Talent Lead
Our client, techNL, a not-for-profit association representing the province's technology and innovation sector for over 30 years, is seeking an experienced Local Talent Lead to join their team!
The Local Talent Lead works closely with the Manager, Tech Talent and other techNL staff, the Talent Committee of the Board of Directors, and with Partner staff in achieving the mission and objectives of the organization. techNL represents an amazing, fast paced, cutting edge sector, and with that comes demands for us to constantly learn and adapt. The successful candidate must be creative, embrace change, and be comfortable with creating new ways of providing value to members and the sector.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and execute initiatives that engage with local workers and support organizations, helping to transition underemployed, unemployed, and others into the tech sector
- Create and deliver programs and activities that raise awareness of the tech sector
- Oversee projects and events that include budget responsibilities
- Engage techNL member companies, community and government supports and partners
- Assess skills of workers, identify gaps, and recommend programs to address them, helping people transition into tech based roles
- Establish relationships with community and private sector partners that create linkages with individuals that can help address the tech sector talent gap
- Presentations and moderating sessions (both virtual and in person)
- Role on committees and working groups
- Local travel will be required
- Other administration duties
- The Employee may also be required to perform other related services as directed by the Employer's management
Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree in business, education or related field - significant experience may be considered in lieu of specific education requirements
- 5-10 years' experience managing projects/programs, with strong attention to detail
- Experience working with individuals to help transition them into new roles, understanding their skills and how to address gaps
- Self-starter, pro-active, dynamic and able to execute with minimal supervision
- Knowledge and experience in labour force topics, such as identifying employer skills gaps, how to address those gaps, and how to link individuals with community/private partners
- Creativity in developing solutions to challenges
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
techNL offers a competitive compensation package, amazing opportunities to engage with exciting, cutting edge tech companies, and fantastic learning opportunities.
If you are excited by the opportunity to work for a highly successful company, please apply online.
We embrace diversity. Individuals that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills are encouraged to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest, however; only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.