Manager, Internal Audit & Advisory Services
Manager, Internal Audit & Advisory Services
Pay Band 6 or 7
($66,664 to $96,642 per annum)
Proactive • Professional • Accountable • Client Focused
Opportunities NB (ONB) is New Brunswick's lead business development corporation working with companies inside and outside the province to drive economic growth and job creation in the province. A nimble, results-driven and client-centric organization, ONB is a Crown Corporation, strategically led by a private sector Board of Directors, made up of business leaders from New Brunswick companies and academia. ONB believes strongly in the future of New Brunswick and since its inception on April 1, 2015, has successfully been the catalyst for competitive and innovative economic growth and job creation for the benefit of New Brunswick today and for generations to come.
Recognized as one of Canada's Most Admired Corporate Cultures for 2018 and recognized as one of Atlantic Canada's Top Employers for five consecutive years, from 2017 - 2021, ONB is seeking an experienced and exceptional Manager, Internal Audit & Advisory Services to lead the Internal Audit & Advisory Services Team, in its Fredericton Head Office. Join a dynamic team of business professionals who are passionate about growing New Brunswick's economy, are committed to giving back to the community, and value making a difference.
Love where you work. Love what you do. Come work for us.
Who are you?
- You have a university degree in Business Administration, Commerce or a related discipline.
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) designations preferred.
- You have a minimum of 5 years of progressive work experience in internal audit, risk or regulatory compliance roles.
- You have leadership or mentoring experience with the ability to coach and develop others.
- You possess strong analytical, research, verbal and written communication skills.
- You demonstrate high adaptability and can respond quickly to address changing business needs, issues and priorities.
- You have solid critical thinking skills and a high level of business acumen.
- You are a skilled negotiator, creative problem solver, and can act independently to arrive at conclusions and/ or recommendations using sound judgement.
- You are able to evaluate large amounts of data and make informed decisions.
- You are recognized for your accuracy, organizational skills and ability to prioritize deliverables.
- You are highly effective at building relationships and influencing others.
- You have the ability to exercise confidentiality and discretion.
As Manager, Internal Audit & Advisory Services at ONB, you will:
- Report to, and work closely with, the Director, Finance.
- Maintain a dotted line reporting relationship with the Audit Committee.
- Lead the Internal Audit & Advisory Services team and provide coaching and employee development.
- Assume responsibility for all internal audit policies, procedures and program management.
- Prepare and execute the annual risk-based audit plan and enterprise risk register maintenance.
- Develop effective monitoring and testing strategies; monitor the associated resolution.
- Summarize findings and recommendations to effectively report to management and stakeholders.
- Manage, coordinate, conduct and consult on various compliance reviews and projects.
- Proactively provide consultative services on the use and evaluation of risk management and control strategies; research and advise on emerging issues.
- Establish and maintain positive and professional relationships with all stakeholders.
Written and spoken competence in English is required. Please state your language capability.
This position is located in Fredericton, New Brunswick and may require occasional work outside of regular business hours (8:15 am to 4:30 pm). May also require occasional travel within the province.
What can ONB offer you?
- Comprehensive benefits package which includes paid vacation, Health and Dental Plan, Life Insurance, and the New Brunswick Public Service Pension Plan.
- Career growth, development and continuous learning opportunities.
- Opportunity to be involved in ONB events that give back to our community.
- Positive and inclusive work culture.
How to apply?
- Candidates are required to demonstrate on their applications how, when, and where they have acquired the qualifications and skills required for this position.
- Resumes should be in chronological order specifying the beginning and end dates in month and year format for all completed education and employment including part-time and full-time employment.
- Please ensure that preferred language for assessment is identified on your resume.
Apply on-line at www.ere.gnb.ca, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by mail to the address below by April 20, 2021 indicating competition number: R50-2020/21-1633
ONB Employee Experience
4th floor, 250 King Street
Fredericton, NB E3B 9M9
We thank all those who apply however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Candidates registered with the Equal Employment Opportunity Program and veterans, who demonstrate they are among the most qualified, shall be given preference at the time of appointment.
This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same level.