Operational Technology Specialists - Future Opportunities
Mariner Partners in Edmonton, AB
As one of the largest independent technology companies in Atlantic Canada, Mariner has a team of over 200 IT, Software Professionals and Management Consultants working with clients both regionally and across the globe. With extensive capabilities in the areas of analytics, automation software, information security, change management and IT consulting, Mariner has been delivering innovative solutions with a strong emphasis on productivity and customer experience since 2003.
To help in our planned growth, we are recruiting Operational Technology (OT) Specialists with experience in the energy sector for upcoming full-time and contract opportunities to support our clients in Atlantic Canada.
The OT Specialists will be key members of our IT Professional Services team. In these roles, you will be responsible for client-based projects and, in collaboration with our delivery and sales teams, you will deliver best of breed solutions to new and existing customers.
OT Specialists include:
- Infrastructure Specialists - experience with a variety of Network, Server, and Workstation operating systems; Windows, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, VMware, and TCP/IP networking. Understanding of the basic function of devices to control power systems such as relays, meters, fault recorders, breakers, transformers.
- SCADA Specialist - detailed knowledge of application protocols utilized in SCADA systems including DNP3, Modbus and HARRIS 5000. Understand the basic function of devices to control power systems, familiarity with testing points of information received from field devices and ensure they are reporting correctly; familiarity with configuration and operation of Remote Terminal Units and Programmable Logic Controllers.
- Business Analyst, Project Manager, Database Analyst, Technical Architect, Software Architect, Cybersecurity Analyst, Network Services Technologist, and Information Management Analyst
Education and Experience
- A university degree in Computer Science or a related discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of 7 years progressive Operational Technology (OT) experience including responsibility for computer server operating systems, database systems, network administration, application configuration, problem analysis, configuration of network protocols, and hardware troubleshooting.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the unique security requirements for the protection of Critical Infrastructure including familiarity with the NERC Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP) standard, ISA-SP99 Security for Industrial Automation and Control Systems, NIST 800-82 Guide to Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA), Industrial Control System Security, and DHS Cyber Security Procurement Language for Control systems.
- Experience or familiarity with the OSI Monarch system is desirable.
- Willingness to travel.
Why Mariner Partners?
We believe in making a positive impact in the communities where we live and work - our team is located in major cities all across Canada, throughout the US and internationally. We are proud to be headquartered here, and are passionate about growing a strong technology sector here in Atlantic Canada and beyond. We offer competitive compensation; benefits packages and training and development.
We are proud to have been recognized by Progress magazine as one of Atlantic Canada's TOP 101 companies, ranking #46 on 2015's list, up from #62 in 2014.
We recognize that empowered employees are more innovative, more efficient, deliver better customer service and can flat out-perform conventional organizations. We are looking for passionate IT professionals who are love solving problems for customers and who want to grow their careers.
Join our growing team!