Halifax, NS, Canada Req #1060
Tuesday, September 7, 2021
As one of Canadaâ€™s Best Managed Companies, Eastlink takes great pride in delivering advanced technologies/services that connect its customers to the things and people that matter most. Powered by state-of-the-art fibre optic and mobile networks, we bring world-class communications and video entertainment services including high speed internet, mobile, TV, telephone, security and automation, data communications and exclusive, locally-produced programming to residential, business and public sector customers across Canada. Headquartered in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Eastlink operates with an employee base of over 1300 people who serve customers in NS, PEI, NL, NB, ON, AB, BC and Bermuda.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Technical Producer will be responsible for ensuring all production equipment and facilities are in proper working condition for high quality television productions. The ideal candidate will have an understanding of television signals and possess a passion for technology.
- ÂÂÂ Assure the proper operation of assigned production facilities and resources.
- ÂÂÂ Responsible for full set-up and tear-out of mobile productions, which includes coordination of crew during this process.
- ÂÂÂ Maintain production facilities and equipment.
- ÂÂÂ Contribute to new equipment evaluation.
- ÂÂÂ Ensure compliance, and take leading role, in Health and Safety Standards.
- ÂÂÂ Perform production duties as assigned.
- ÂÂÂ Provide maintenance support for Master Control facility.
- ÂÂÂ Manage special projects as assigned.Â
- ÂÂÂ Minimum of 3 yearsâ€™ experience in a related field.
- ÂÂÂ Post-secondary diploma in television broadcasting an asset.
- ÂÂÂ Valid driverâ€™s license, with excellent driving and workplace safety record.
- ÂÂÂ Experience with technical support for Avid systems an asset.
- ÂÂÂ Ability to work well in a team environment.
- ÂÂÂ Experience with video servers an asset.
- ÂÂÂ Flexibility with hours.
- ÂÂÂ Reliable transportation.
The successful candidate must provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 upon hire, Âsubject to Federal Human rights law.
Why Choose Eastlink?
Eastlink operates in a culture of continuous improvement through listening, learning and adapting, which enables us to respond quickly to the evolving needs of both employees and customers. We recognize that our truly greatest competitive edge is our people and that delivering a great customer experience begins with a great employee experience. Our philosophy of developing and training our team â€?on the groundâ€ not only helps to create a strong onboarding experience but also readies employees for future growth opportunities within the organization.
Dedicated to reflecting the customers and communities we serve, we embrace diversity and inclusion throughout all levels of the organization and encourage members of equity groups to self-identify during the application process.
If you are ready to explore an exciting career at Eastlink, your journey begins here.
- Job Family Eastlink Community TV
- Pay Type Salary