Upper River Valley - Perth Registered Nurse Class A (RNCA) PCN 1152791
Horizon Health Network is an equal opportunity employer.
COMPETITION #: 2021-49824a External
BARGAINING UNIT: NBNU
ZONE: Upper River Valley - Perth
FACILITY: Hotel-Dieu of St. Joseph
POSTING TYPE: Permanent Full Time
JOB TITLE: RNCA
CLASSIFICATION: RNCA Registered Nurse Class A
LANGUAGE: English Essential
HOURS OF WORK: Rotating Days, Evenings, Nights, Subject to change due to operational requirements
SALARY: $31.23 to $39.57 per hour
As a member of an interdisciplinary team, provides quality patient care within the scope of professional nursing practice to patients and families within the Primary Care North Program. Assigned to the Medical and Emergency Department. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Registered Nurse currently registered in the Province of New Brunswick
- High regard for confidentiality and advocacy for patients
- IV Therapy/venipuncture certification
- Ability to perform 12 lead ECG monitoring and dysrhythmia interpretation
- Defibrillation certification
- ACLS according to recognised standards or achieve certification within one year
- Demonstrates the ability to perform nursing duties and qualifications to be assigned in the Concentrated Care Unit within one year if required.
- Ability to accept responsibility and perform in an "in charge" capacity
- Ability to communicate effectively and pleasantly with patients, families, public, staff and physicians in order to develop positive working relationships
- Demonstrates commitment to continuing education and is willing to participate in ongoing education to upgrade knowledge and skills, as is deemed necessary by candidates own current professional practice and/or Horizon Health Network.
- Willingness to adhere to departmental/corporate policies and procedures.
- Ability to attend work on a regular basis.
- Ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Good work record.
- Written and spoken competence in English is required
- Initiates plan of care using the nursing process.
- Applies scientific/research based principles in administering patient focused care.
- Communicates and consults with physicians and other members of the interdisciplinary team professionally.
- Performs diagnostic and therapeutic measures as required, within scope of nursing practice.
- Assists physicians with procedures as appropriate and required.
- Collaborates with patient and family regarding plan of care.
- Utilizes resources within the hospital and community to meet the health care and educational needs of patients and families.
- Assists with the orientation of new personnel.
- Complies with departmental, hospital and corporate policies and procedures.
- Accompanies patients on ambulance transfers as required.
- Responsible for Quality Improvement/Risk Management activities.
- May be responsible to act as nurse in charge in the absence of the unit manager.
- Demonstrates knowledge and physically able to provide care during transport to tertiary centers.
- Coordinates and participates in health care programs for the community, as appropriate.
- Other occasional duties, as required.
Applications for this position must be submitted on-line by May 26, 2021.
NOTE: There will be no further postings for this position should there be no fully qualified applicants. If you wish to be considered for this position and have most of the qualifications as posted and the registration or licensure where required, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
Should testing be required to demonstrate language proficiency, the official results will be shared with the candidate, Human Resources and the requesting manager electronically and will be placed on the personnel file for Horizon hiring purposes.
Please quote Competition # 2021-49824a -External . Horizon Health Network appreciates expressed interest, however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Human Resources Department, Horizon Health Network.