Respiratory Therapist - 2 (RT02)
Competition #: 6-12824 EXT
Salary: $25.90 to $32.36
Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT: MSP
ZONE: Zone 6 - Acadie-Bathurst
FACILITY: Lamèque Hospital and Community Health Centre
DEPARTMENT: Respiratory Therapy
CLASSIFICATION: Respiratory Therapist - 2 (RT02)
STATUS: Permanent part-time
ANTICIPATED START DATE: As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK :
8 hour shifts - Day
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
JOB SUMMARY :
The incumbent will organize, plan and coordinate activities related to the operation of the pulmonary clinic for clients, both hospitalized and on an outpatient basis, diagnosed with pulmonary disorder. He/she will also monitor and provide teaching to the same clientele. Perform basic duties of a respiratory therapist as per departmental policy; related and allied duties may be assigned from time to time as it may become necessary to the operation of the hospital. The person selected could be asked to participate in promotion and education events in the community outside the clinic's normal operating hours.
- Registered with the New Brunswick Association of Respiratory Therapists;
- Registered with the Canadian Society of Respiratory Therapists or the Quebec College of Respiratory Therapists;
- National Educator Certification in asthma and COPD or in the process of obtaining it;
- Current BLS certificate;
- Two years of clinical experience would be considered an asset;
- Knowledge of : general policies and procedures and those of patient care; concept of the multidisciplinary team; essential elements of the helping relationship; current trends in the discipline and health;
- Ability to: make a full assessment of patient needs; interpretate and integrate data in order to define the patient's needs; write and implement care plans; perform respiratory therapy techniques; problem solve and organize effectively; communicate effectively and develop good interpersonal skills; teach effectively; work as a member of a multidisciplinary team;
- Good judgment, initiative and creativity in the workplace;
- Ability to adapt to change;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Physical ability to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, to the Network management philosophy and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by the Vitalité Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in French and spoken competence in English are required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- T he employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.