Senior Radio Network Designer
Senior Radio Network Designer
Halifax, NS, Canada Req #1139
Tuesday, June 15, 2021
As one of Canada's Best Managed Companies, Eastlink takes great pride in delivering advanced technologies/services that connect its customers to the things and people that matter most. Powered by state-of-the-art fibre optic and mobile networks, we bring world-class communications and video entertainment services including high speed internet, mobile, TV, telephone, security and automation, data communications and exclusive, locally-produced programming to residential, business and public sector customers across Canada. Headquartered in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Eastlink operates with an employee base of over 1300 people who serve customers in NS, PEI, NL, NB, ON, AB, BC and Bermuda.
This position will working a minimum of 50% of the team from our corporate head office on 6080 Young Street, Halifax, NS and the remaining time in temporary at home work environment. Reporting to the Manager of Radio Network Engineering this position focuses primarily on the radio network design and optimization of Eastlink's wireless networks to meet the business requirements.
• Perform detailed Radio Frequency Engineering for Eastlink sites (antenna selection, power level adjustment, noise calculation, link budget calculation, etc.) in assigned geographic area(s).
• Conduct field surveys & site evaluations for all potential wireless sites and small cells.
• Work closely with the Site Acquisition and Network Implementation teams in assigned geographic area(s).
• Perform Radio Network optimization tasks for assigned sites and site clusters with current technologies and configurations including: 5G, VoLTE, 4x4 MIMO, Carrier Aggregation, and other LTE-Advanced features.
• Monitor, maintain and improve radio network performance of assigned sites and site clusters through the evaluation/interpretation of network statistical and field collected drive data.
• Monitor, maintain and plan for future radio network capacity needs for assigned site clusters.
• Perform troubleshooting to support the Wireless Operations group.
• Produce and maintain all required site documentation
• Test and validate new technology and network features prior to implementation.
• Perform network planning to support business cases requirement.
As the ideal candidate you have Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering coupled with minimum of five years' experience with wireless access networks or equivalent experience. You have a detailed understanding of Radio Network design fundamentals, practical knowledge of the LTE and 5G air interfaces, experience with Radio equipment and related accessories, experience locating wireless network sites in challenging municipal jurisdictions, experience in analysis and capacity planning, previous usage of Propagation modeling software along with drive data collection and post processing network optimization tools. You must possess a valid provincial driver's license for this position.
Why Choose Eastlink?
Eastlink operates in a culture of continuous improvement through listening, learning and adapting, which enables us to respond quickly to the evolving needs of both employees and customers. We recognize that our truly greatest competitive edge is our people and that delivering a great customer experience begins with a great employee experience. Our philosophy of developing and training our team "on the ground" not only helps to create a strong onboarding experience but also readies employees for future growth opportunities within the organization.
Dedicated to reflecting the customers and communities we serve, we embrace diversity and inclusion throughout all levels of the organization and encourage members of equity groups to self-identify during the application process.
If you are ready to explore an exciting career at Eastlink, your journey begins here.
- Pay Type Salary