.NET IT Application Architect
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content - we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you're ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Bell IT team uses emerging technologies, Agile and DevOps to design and build innovative solutions that enable Bell's communications services for businesses and consumers. We're looking for creative problem-solvers who are curious, collaborative and ready to be on the leading edge of technological transformation.
Bell Information Technology - Digital Customer Experience is tasked with the delivery of web-based applications that serve wireless, residential and business markets. Bell.ca, Virginmobile.ca, LuckyMobile.ca, SoloMobile.ca are key sites within the portfolio.
Manage the technical aspects of DCX project delivery for Consumer sites including Front-End, Middle-Tier and Back-End layers of the system
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Provide direction during Project Initiation phase and support BSA and Architects with Front Door assessments
- Produce Conceptual Solutions and High Level Solutions and support work estimates
- Work with Enterprise and Application Architecture teams to drive alignment around more pragmatic vs. prescriptive solutions
- Present project solutions in the context appropriate for various technical and non-technical audiences.
- Guide project teams in system architecture, design, development, security, performance, troubleshooting and selection of tools and technology to deliver a successful project
- Approve and guide architectural decisions, changes, and open issues (e.g. data placement, tool/technology product selection, interfaces, new data stores, infrastructure issues)
- Work with PMs, BAs, Developers, Testers to ensure that solutions meet business requirements and align with the architectural vision
- Work with Environment teams, Release teams, Support teams, as required for the project and during the Normalization phase.
- Ensure code quality via thorough unit testing and conducting code-reviews.
- Ensure that applications perform as expected and with maximum availability.
- Lead knowledge transfer sessions with support teams including capacity analysis, performance trends and expected monitoring efforts/changes.
- Show flexibility to respond to the changing needs of the business and react promptly to change requests and timelines.
- You will report to the Software Development Manager
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent
- 3+ years in a Application Architect or Solution Architect role
- Proven, hands-on experience with
- Microsoft .net platform - C#, ASP.NET, WCF
- Front-end stack - HTML/CSS/JS
- Any of the JS frameworks - React, Angular
- Architectural frameworks - Micro services, Distributed Systems, MVC, MVVM
- Knowledge of security techniques and web server structures including Databases, SOAP/REST/JSON, load balancers, firewalls and network protocols
- Must have thorough knowledge of development processes including Agile and Waterfall SDLC methodologies
- Communication, Analytical and Negotiation skills
- Team player and ability to manage technical resources
- Knowledge of Enterprise Architecture, Web/ Mobile Security
- Strong Leadership and organizational abilities
- Excellent synthesis and analysis capacity
- Demonstrated ability to deliver complex, multi-platform solutions
- Experience working in the telecom industry
- Fluent with systems and technology concepts (TM forum standards, Telco BSS/OSS architecture, order management/billing/CRM systems)
- Knowledge of Bell Mobility space, Amdocs Ensemble/SAP
- Knowledge of Bell Residential services systems for ordering, TV programming or qualification
- Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) implementation and development experience
- Knowledge of mobile platforms and development for mobile/touchscreen devices
- Experienced with Microsoft TFS, CMS and/or other System Development Lifecycle management tools
- Knowledge of IT-DCX applications and processes.
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Mississauga || Canada : New Brunswick : Saint John || Canada : Newfoundland : St. John's || Canada : Nova Scotia : Halifax || Canada : Ontario : Mississauga || Canada : Ontario : Ottawa || Canada : Ontario : Toronto || Canada : Prince Edward Island : Charlottetown || Canada : Quebec : Montreal || Canada : Quebec : Verdun
Application Deadline: 06/21/2021
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it. We're committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or email@example.com to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Created: Canada , ON , Mississauga
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.