Co-Host, Parental Leave, Teamsters, Bell Media
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content - we're revolutionizing how Canadians communicate.
If you're ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values bold ideas, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Bell Media team creates and delivers the best Canadian and international content across our digital media, television, radio, and out-of-home advertising platforms. We're looking for innovative team players ready to take some of the most well-known entertainment brands in the country to the next level.
- This is parental leave replacement for 18 months.
- Co-hosting, News and/or weather presentation.
- Generating, developing, researching, and setting-up original stories focusing on creative features and integrated content.
- Feature reporting: including conducting interviews, script writing and voicing.
- Utilizing of ENG equipment & digital editing to shoot and edit stories.
- Setting-up and operating live equipment (i.e. Dejero boxes and/or Dejero App, Atlas Kits, etc.) as necessary.
- Dynamic live presentation.
- Consistent and impactful social media engagement.
- Writing web copy and providing web content as necessary.
- Developing contacts and resources in Halifax and across the Maritimes.
- News reporting as needed, with strong editorial decision making.
- Early morning, weekend and late night assignments as required.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Post-secondary education with specialized broadcast training (i.e. Journalism Degree) or equivalent. On-air presentation experience as a Host, Co-Host or Anchor is strongly preferred. Experience as a Video Journalist or Reporter is required.
- Strong research and communication skills.
- Dynamic personality and strong creative abilities.
- Ability to work quickly, deal with multiple demands and pressure of on-air deadlines.
- Knowledge of Atlantic Canada (history, geography, culture, etc. ) is desirable.
- Experience in the operation of ENG and non-linear editing equipment strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated initiative, creativity and reliability.
- Excellent understanding of journalistic ethics is essential.
- Experience with "live" presentation.
- Demonstrated engagement with social media (i.e. Twitter, Facebook, etc.) required.
- Experience providing content to digital platforms, including websites, preferred.
- Experience with iNews and Dejero technology preferred.
- Strong team player.
- Creative storytelling skills and strong news judgment.
- Ability to consistently lift and carry up to 45 pounds.
- Valid driver's licence and a good driving record are required.
Hours of work:
- Temporary, parenteal leave replacement, 40 hours per week. Overtime as required. May include working evenings and weekends.
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Media - Talent
Job Status: Temporary - Full time
Job Location: Canada : Nova Scotia : Halifax
Application Deadline: 01/26/2021
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it. We're committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or email@example.com to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Created: Canada , NS , Halifax
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.