Service New Brunswick
Pay Band 4
Flexible Work Location
Service New Brunswick is seeking an individual to join the Infrastructure Operations Branch within the Technology Services Division as a Technical Analyst.
As a member of the Enterprise Applications Services team, you will work as part of a team of professionals responsible for the daily operation and support of enterprise systems including the Email, Identity Management and Mobile systems for the Government of New Brunswick.
Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Provide service to SNB clients and ensure processes and procedures are aligned to the SNB shared-services delivery model
- Provide operational support to ensure the health of the enterprise application environments
- Provide assistance with system setup, installation, configuration and maintenance of enterprise solutions
- Test and implement updates to applications
- Troubleshoot and resolve hardware, software, application and various IT problems potentially engaging internal or external resources for solving complex problems
- Monitor overall performance of the IT environment and make recommendations for improvement
- Respond to client requests including incidents, requests for service and support, and potentially coordinate resolutions with internal or external resources
- Act as a technical resource on various IT-related projects and initiatives
- Document and maintain current systems, processes, and procedures
- Ensure that ITIL methodologies including Change, Incident and Problem Management are an aspect of all desktop operating environment support
Please ensure that you indicate the competition number R85-2020/21-471 when applying.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS: A university degree in Computer Science and a minimum of four (4) years of related experience. Subject to the response to this competition, an equivalent combination of training and experience may be considered.
Written and spoken competence in English is required.
Applicants must clearly demonstrate the essential qualifications to be given further consideration. Please state your language capability on your application and ensure that preferred language for assessment is clearly identified.
ASSET QUALIFICATIONS: Preference may be given to candidates who demonstrate they have training or experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Enterprise productivity and security software - M365, MS Teams, Exchange, Active Directory
- Enterprise Device Management/Monitoring/Deployment tools - Powershell
- Active Directory, Group Policy administration, Exchange Administration
- Enterprise Patch Management strategies and tools
- Experience and understanding of software packaging tools and strategies
- Experience with Incident Management software and queue management - Remedy
- Liaising with multiple stakeholders to help facilitate standard operating procedures - Hardware, software
Subject to the response to this competition, candidates may be required to demonstrate on their application one or more of the asset qualifications in addition to the essential qualifications in order to be given further consideration.
OPERATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: This position requires flexibility in working hours, which includes evenings and weekends.
Candidates will be required to undergo a Criminal History Clearance prior to appointment and must be willing to obtain a security clearance.
BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES: The successful candidate will possess the following behavioral competencies:
- Analytical Thinking/Judgment
- Client Service Orientation
- Effective Interactive Communication
- Teamwork and Cooperation
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES: The successful candidate will possess the following technical competencies:
- Specialized Subject Matter Expertise and Knowledge
- Planning & Organizing Skills
- Consulting Skills
Resumes should be in chronological order specifying education and employment in months and years including part-time and full-time employment.
Salary: $49, 868 - $69, 732 annually - Pay Band 4 - Management and Non-Union Pay Plan
We encourage applicants to apply on-line, by email at HR-RH@snb.ca, or by mail at the following address by January 28, 2021 indicating competition number R85-2020/21-471. This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same level.
Service New Brunswick
850 Lincoln Rd
PO Box 1998
Fredericton, NB E3B 4Z7
Telephone: (506) 457-3580
We thank all those who apply, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Candidates registered with the Equal Employment Opportunity Program and veterans, who demonstrate they are among the most qualified, shall be given preference at the time of appointment.
We promote a scent-reduced environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The New Brunswick Public Service: Improving the lives of New Brunswickers every day!