NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
ZONE: Zone 6 - Acadie-Bathurst
FACILITY: Chaleur Regional Hospital
CLASSIFICATION: Orthopedic Surgeon
STATUS: Permanent full-time
ANTICIPATED START DATE: As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK:
Based on the agreement set by the department head / service chief
Evening and weekend on-call coverage provided by department members; on-call coverage in partnership with the 2 neighbouring regional hospitals (for a population of 120,000) in a group of 8 orthopedic surgeons
The Chaleur Regional Hospital, in Bathurst, New Brunswick, is seeking to recruit a full-time orthopedic surgeon. The chosen candidate will join a team of four surgeons who provide supra-regional on-call coverage within a group of eight. The candidate will be able to participate in teaching medical students and residents if interested.
The position includes professional medical work performed by a licensed specialist (holding specialist licensure recognized by the College of physicians and surgeons of New Brunswick). A licensed specialist enjoys great clinical independence in the diagnosis, care and treatment of medical problems within their field of specialization. They exercise independent judgment; however, the results and observations may be monitored and evaluated by the department or clinical program head, or by the medical director responsible for the department to which the physician belongs. Their work may also be monitored by the Local and Regional Chief of Staff and by the Medical Director responsible for their zone within the RHA. The physician abides by the By-laws of the RHA.
- Degree from a recognized medical school and postgraduate university degree in the field of specialization (orthopedic surgery);
- Certification from the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (FRCPC).);
- Eligible for a licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of New-Brunswick ;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Physical ability to perform the assigned work;
- Good work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethical principles, the Network's management philosophy, and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality set by Vitalité Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in English and French is required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.