NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
ZONE: Zone 4 - Northwest
FACILITY: Edmundston Regional Hospital
STATUS: Permanent full-time
ANTICIPATED START DATE: As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK:
Normal regular hours – 37.5 hours
After-hours and weekend calls are shared among all members of the Department.
The Edmundston Regional Hospital, in Edmundston, located in Northwest New Brunswick, at the borders of Quebec and the United States, is recruiting a full-time Psychiatrist. The incumbent has extensive clinical autonomy in General Psychiatry for patients of all ages. He or she provides inpatient and outpatient consultations and follow-ups, and acts as a consultant to other physicians. The candidate is expected to participate in the teaching of students and residents in medicine.
This is professional medical work performed by certified specialists (those with a specialty certification as recognized by the College of Physicians and Surgeons of NB). Duties are performed with considerable clinical independence in the diagnosis, care and treatment of medical disorders within the scope of the specialty in which they are practicing. Work is performed with independent judgment but findings and observations may be subject to supervision and assessment by the physician's Clinical (Program) Department Head / Chief of Service / Program Director in which the physicians works. Review of work may also be supervised by the local and regional Chiefs of Staff and the zone's Medical Director for the Regional Health Authority (RHA). The physician works within the accordance of the RHA Bylaws.
- Certification from the Royal College of Physicans and Surgeons of Canada certification (FRCPC) or American Board certification;
- Graduate from an approved school of medicine supplemented by post-graduate study in the area of specialization (Psychiatry);
- Eligible for a licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of New-Brunswick;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Physical ability to perform the assigned work;
- Good work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethical principles, the Network's management philosophy, and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality set by Vitalité Health Network
Written and spoken competence in English and French is required.
- The remuneration is based on a salary model with benefits.
- Moving expenses allowance.
- Possibility of a recruitment incentive depending on eligibility, as determined by the Department of Health (return of service required).
- This job is also posted on Salesforce.
- For more information about Vitalite Health Network, please visit the Network's website.
- For more information about the community, please visit the City of Edmundston's website.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.