Coordinator - Lung Cancer Screening Implementation Plan
DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH
COORDINATOR - LUNG CANCER SCREENING
PAY BAND 6
The Department of Health is seeking an individual to join the New Brunswick Cancer Network (NBCN) Branch as a Lung Cancer Screening Implementation Plan Coordinator in Fredericton. Reporting to the Director of Operations of the NBCN, this position will provide support for the development of the implementation plan for the provincial lung cancer screening program.
The Coordinator will work closely with the Medical Director of the NBCN's Lung Cancer Screening Initiative, the NBCN's Cancer Screening Programs team and the various provincial health care system and community partners to ensure coordinated and evidence based approach to this initative.The scope of the role includes:
- Development of the NB lung cancer screening clinical practice guidelines;
- Identification of the budgetary and human resource needs required to support implementation and sustainable on-going administration and operation of the lung cancer screening program;
- Development of the smoking cessation integration plan;
- Identification of the IT support system requirements and integration action plan;
- Development of the quality monitoring, evaluation and performance measurement process;
- Development of the communication, education and awareness plan as part of the overall NBCN cancer screening communication strategy;
- Support stakeholder engagement and consultations throughout all of the project activities;
- Collection, entry, analysis and reporting of required data elements for the development of the plan;
- Participate in the regular knowledge transfer and exchange activities and coordinate ongoing project monitoring activities;
- Represent NBCN's interests on external working groups.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor's degree in a health discipline or health care administration with six (6) years of relevant experience or, a Masters degree and five (5) years of relevant experience related to the control and prevention of cancer such as screening, diagnosis or treatment of cancer, including lung cancer. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
Written and spoken competence in English and French is required. Please state your language capability on your application.
Applicants must clearly demonstrate the essential qualifications to be given further consideration. Please ensure that preferred language for assessment is identified on your resume.
ASSET QUALIFICATIONS: Preference may be given to candidates that demonstrate the following asset qualifications:
- experience with similar projects of this scope within the health and/or social systems;
- experience in project management, alignment and coordination of all aspects of the project, workplan reporting and budgeting;
- experience in facilitation of key stakeholder engagement.
Subject to the response to this competition, candidates may be required to demonstrate on their application one or more of the asset qualifications in addition to the essential qualifications in order to be given further consideration.
The following operational requirement is also required: travel within the province may be required in order to carry out the duties of this position.
BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES: The successful candidate will possess the following behavioral competencies:
- Effective Interactive Communication;
- Team Leadership;
- Strategic thinking.
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES: The successful candidate will possess the following technical competencies:
- Planing and orginazing skills;
- Project management skills;
- Group Facilitation Techniques.
Resumes should be in chronological order specifying education and employment in months and years including part-time and full-time employment.
Salary: $66, 326 to $88, 244 per annum
We encourage applicants to apply on-line at https://www.ere.gnb.ca/competition.aspx?lang=E&t=Y or by mail at the following address by January 22, 2021, indicating number DOH-20-0054.
Department of Health
4th floor, 520 King Street
Fredericton, NB E3B 5G8
Telephone: (506) 453-4331
We thank all those who apply however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
We promote a scent-reduced environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The New Brunswick Public Service: Improving the lives of New Brunswickers every day!