Financial Liaison Officer - Francophone Schools Districts
DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION AND EARLY CHILDHOOD DEVELOPMENT
FINANCIAL LIAISON OFFICER - FRANCOPHONE SCHOOLS DISTRICTS
PAY BAND 5
18-month secondment / contract
The Department of Education and Early Childhood Development is seeking an individual to join the Financial Services Branch as a Financial Liaison Officer of Francophone School Districts in Fredericton.
Reporting to the Assistant Director of District Financial Services, the successful candidate will assume a lead role in:
- Planning and developing equitable operating budgets for all francophone school districts;
- Providing analysis and assistance on financial and administrative matters to diverse partners;
- Developing recommendations for cost-effective and efficient operations.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor's degree in business administration or in a related discipline and a minimum of four (4) years of experience in:
- budget development and/or management;
- an accounting firm or;
- accounting field.
An equivalent combination of training and experience may be considered.
Written and spoken competence in French at a superior level and spoken competence in English is required. Please state your language capability. Candidates who meet the essential qualifications shall be subject to appropriate language testing.
Applicants must clearly demonstrate the essential qualifications to be given further consideration. Please ensure that preferred language for assessment is identified on your resume.
ASSET QUALIFICATIONS: Preference may be given to candidates that demonstrate one or more of the following asset qualifications:
- Possess a Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation;
- Currently enrolled in and working towards a CPA;
- Experience working with Oracle Financials;
- Experience and advanced skills in the use of Microsoft Excel.
Subject to the response to this competition, candidates may be required to demonstrate on their application one or more of the asset qualifications in addition to the essential qualifications in order to be given further consideration.
BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES: The successful candidate will possess the following behavioral competencies:
- Analytical Thinking/Judgment;
- Concern for Order;
- Client Service Orientation;
- Effective and Interactive Communication;
- Organizational awareness;
- Teamwork and Cooperation.
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES: The successful candidate will possess the following technical competencies:
- Ability to use Office Technology, Software and Applications;
- Knowledge of Accounting and Financial Principles;
Résumés should be in chronological order specifying education and employment in months and years including part-time and full-time employment.
Salary: $ 57,096 - $ 79,742 annually
We encourage applicants to apply on-line or by mail at the following address indicating competition number: 19-2000-C16. This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same level.
Department of Education and
Early Childhood Development
Human Resources Services
Place 2000, 250 King Street
Fredericton, NB E3B 5H1
Telephone: 1 506 444-4909
We thank all those who apply, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
As per the Civil Service Act, candidates registered with the Equal Employment Opportunity Program and veterans, who demonstrate they are among the most qualified, shall be given preference at the time of appointment.
We promote a scent-reduced environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The New Brunswick Public Service: Improving the lives of New Brunswickers every day!