DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH
(MINIMUM OF ONE YEAR)
FREDERICTON (TELECOMMUTE WILL BE CONSIDERED)
The Department of Health is seeking an individual to join the Public Health New Brunswick team as an Administrative Assistant in Fredericton.
The successful candidate will be a member of a multidisciplinary team working proactively with the Public Health Information Solution (PHIS) project team to ensure successful delivery of the Operational Plan and Strategic Objectives of PHIS. PHIS is a tool for public health professionals and policy makers that is designed to link to and interact with other key e-health initiatives to improve service delivery, information management, planning, resource utilization and decision making. PHIS consist of three integrated modules for Inventory Management, Immunization Management and Investigation & Outbreak Management. We are looking for an energetic team player who takes initiative, displays problem-solving and decision-making abilities, who has excellent organizational skills and who can maintain a positive, professional attitude in a changing work environment.
The duties are, but are not limited to:
Contact service desk / Public Health application support:
- Answering and screening telephone calls and PHIS mailbox messages from the Public Health regional office staff and other Departments and outside agencies;
- Answering and fielding queries, liaising with subject matter experts to ensure responses are dealt with appropriately, including escalations to appropriate team members for resolution;
- Recording, tracking and documenting the problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final resolution;
- Providing support to the Service Desk, as well as providing end users with answers to general "how to" questions;
- Providing training and functional support to the end users.
- Collaborating with Service New Brunswick, e-Health Business and Technology Solutions and IBM for PHIS account and user management;
- Maintaining information on PHIS user accounts for analytic and follow-up purposes.
- Maintaining training resources, reference documents (user guides) and support tools;
- Supporting a group of trainers for Inventory Management, Immunization Management and Investigation & Outbreak Management;
- Maintaining a schedule of training sessions offered across the province;
- Coordinating logistics for training sessions such as account activation (username, password), equipment, materials and access to PHIS Training and User Acceptance Training environments.
Data quality management
- Monitoring data integrations and data quality and tracking of statistical information;
- Assisting in the development, execution and validation of analytical information;
- Performing audits, monitoring data and reporting PHIS activities against performance indicators. Liaising with relevant key internal personal and external agencies and providing training support as required.
Communication and record management
- Preparing, formatting, editing, copying and filing documents and correspondence;
- Processing incoming and outgoing mail (PHIS mailbox);
- Contributing to and writing memos and PHIS bulletins to inform the users on the current updates or issues impacting on the area of work (e.g. PHIS maintenance and interruption of services);
- Maintaining the PHIS website and ensuring that documents are up-to-date;
- Coordinating translation services;
- Collecting information from stakeholders as required.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS: High school diploma, supplemented by one (1) year of post-secondary education in a related field and a minimum of three (3) years related experience. Experience and/or training in word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software is also required.
Written and spoken competence in English and French is required. Please state your language capability.
Applicants must clearly demonstrate the essential qualifications to be given further consideration. Please ensure that preferred language for assessment is identified on your resume.
BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES: The successful candidate will possess the following behavioural competencies:
- Client Service Orientation;
- Effective Interactive Communication;
- Teamwork and Cooperation.
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES: The successful candidate will possess the following technical competencies:
- Planning and Organizing Skills;
- Written Communication;
- Ability to use office technology, software and applications.
Resumes should be in chronological order specifying education and employment in months and years including part-time and full-time employment.
Salary: $1,472 to $1,785 bi-weekly
This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same level.
We encourage applicants to apply on-line at https://www.ere.gnb.ca/competition.aspx?lang=E&t=Y or by mail at the following address by January 21, 2021 indicating number DOH-20-0053.
Department of Health
4th floor, 520 King Street
Fredericton, NB E3B 5G8
Telephone: (506) 453-4331
We thank all those who apply however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
We promote a scent-reduced environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The New Brunswick Public Service: Improving the lives of New Brunswickers every day!