MAP Strategic Workforce Services Inc.
Saint John, New Brunswick (flexible)
MAP Strategic Workforce Services Inc. (MAPSWS) is an industry-led provincial non-profit organization dedicated to building diverse and learning workplaces through mentorship and human resources best practices. MAPSWS delivers 3 provincial programs: NB-MAP (New Brunswick Mentor Apprentice Program), First in Trades (FIT) and New Boots: Progressing Women in Trades. Reporting to the Executive Director of MAPSWS, we are currently seeking a full-time contract MAP Coordinator.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborate in the development and management of Mentorship Matters training in New Brunswick over the next five years
- Establish a steering committee with representatives from all major project partners
- Develop a strategic timeline for training delivery within the five year plan
- Execute activities calendar and coordinate all stages of project from partners, marketing, monitoring and reporting
- Identify with partners skilled trades post secondary institutions and instructors to participate in training
- Collaborate in the development of delivery outreach and engagement strategies
- Collaborate in development of marketing materials and promotional activities
- Collaborate on maintenance of social media platforms regularly for program
- Develop, maintain, enhance relationships with partners, unions, employers, associations, and post secondary institutions
- Develop and implement sustainability plan for program following the five year pilot phase
- Prepare quartely reports and one final report for project partners
- Collaborate in the organization of MAPSWS events (booths, luncheons, conferences, etc.)
- Participate in partners or other associations networking events
- Certificate of Qualification in a designated skilled trade as issued by a pronvincial/territorial apprenticeship authority or a University Degree or College Diploma (Preferred areas of study: Skilled Trade, Communications/Marketing, Education, Social Sciences, etc.) with experience working in the skilled trades industry
- Valid driver's license and have own vehicle
- Ability to travel frequently throughout NB (including multi-day overnight travel)
Applicants must clearly demonstrate the essential qualification to be given further consideration.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have the following asset qualifications
- Bilingual candidates preferred (verbal & written English and French)
- Familiarity with New Brunswick's apprenticeship training system & skilled trades careers
Behavioral Compentencies: The successful candidate will possess the following behavioural compentencies: Relationship/Network Building, Effective Interactive Communication, Results Orientation, team work.
Technical Compentencies: The successful candidate will possess the following technical competencies: Planning and Organizing Skills, Ability to use Microsoft Office Technology, Software Applications, Presentation Skills.
Prior to appointment, the successful candidate will be required to successfully complete a Canadian Police Information Centre (CPIC) reference check.
If you are interested in this great opportunity, please send your cover letter and resume via email to Info@mapsws.ca by February 5th, 2021.
We would like to thank everyone who submits an application, but we will only contact those who will be selected for the next step in the recruitment process.