NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT: CUPE
ZONE: Zone 6 - Acadie-Bathurst
FACILITY: Chaleur Regional Hospital
DEPARTMENT: Facilities Maintenance
CLASSIFICATION: Refrigeration and Ventilation Mechanic (2054)
STATUS: Permanent full-time
ANTICIPATED DATE: As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK:
8-hour shifts - Monday to Friday
Possibility of standby and call back
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
Perform refrigeration and ventilation work at the journeyman level.
- High school diploma or general education diploma (GED);
- Provincial certificate of qualification issued under the Apprenticeship and Occupational Certification Act as a Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Mechanic;
- Monitoring of energy efficiency program as needed;
- Proven ability to organize and manage assigned workload;
- Proven communication and interpersonal skills;
- Proven ability to operate in a changing work environment;
- Ability to perform assigned duties without constant supervision;
- Working knowledge of computers;
- Valid driver's licence;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Physical ability to perform the assigned work;
- Good work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethical principles, to the Network's management philosophy and to organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality set by Vitalité Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in English and French is required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.