Saint John Licensed Practical Nurse (3014) PCN 1257149
Horizon Health Network in Saint John, NB
Horizon Health Network is an equal opportunity employer.
COMPETITION #: 2020-45971b External
BARGAINING UNIT: CUPE
ZONE: Saint John
DEPARTMENT: health and aging relief team
FACILITY: St. Joseph's Hospital
POSTING TYPE: Temporary Part Time
JOB TITLE: LPN
CLASSIFICATION: Licensed Practical Nurse (3014)
LANGUAGE: English Essential
HOURS OF WORK: Rotating Days, Evenings, Nights, Weekends, Statutory Holidays, TEMP: November 30, 2020 to July 20, 2021, FTE: 0.6, Subject to change due to operational requirements
SALARY: $23.2545 to $25.0316 per hour
The Relief Team LPN provides nursing care patient populations within the Health & Aging Program at St. Joseph's Hospital. The LPN provides patient care in collaboration with and under the direction of a Registered Nurse
- Graduate from an approved school of Licensed Practical Nurses
- Must be currently registered with the N.B. Association of Licensed Practical Nurses.
- Recent work experience with the Geriatric population and patients with physical and mental health disabilities
- Required to complete the Senior Population and Responsive Behavior Management Education within the first year of employment.
- High regard for confidentiality
- Ability to work within a multidisciplinary team and a collaborative practice work environment
- Required to be flexible to work on all five inpatient geriatric units where assigned Certain units will require experience and/or advanced competency training
- Willing to complete any relevant advanced competency education or training
- Must maintain annual LPN registration, CPR, mandatory e-learnings and Emergency Code certification
- Ability to function within the current LPN scope of practice
- Demonstrates initiative, critical thinking and the ability to set priorities consistently demonstrate effective communication skills, both verbal and written documentation.
- Professional in appearance
- Demonstrated physical assessment skills
- Ability to attend work on a regular basis.
- Ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Good work record.
- Written and spoken competence in English is required
Applications for this position must be submitted on-line by November 25, 2020
NOTE: There will be no further postings for this position should there be no fully qualified applicants. If you wish to be considered for this position and have most of the qualifications as posted and the registration or licensure where required, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
Should testing be required to demonstrate language proficiency, the official results will be shared with the candidate, Human Resources and the requesting manager electronically and will be placed on the personnel file for Horizon hiring purposes.
Please quote Competition # 2020- 45971b -External . Horizon Health Network appreciates expressed interest, however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Human Resources Department, Horizon Health Network.