Miramichi Registered Nurse Class A (RNCA) PCN 1750548
Horizon Health Network in Miramichi, NB
Horizon Health Network is an equal opportunity employer.
COMPETITION #: 2020-48535 External
BARGAINING UNIT: NBNU
DEPARTMENT: 2West Medical Stepdown
FACILITY: Miramichi Regional Hospital
POSTING TYPE: Permanent Part Time
JOB TITLE: RNCA
CLASSIFICATION: RNCA Registered Nurse Class A
LANGUAGE: English Essential
HOURS OF WORK: Rotating, Day; Night, FTE: 0.6; Subject to change due to operational requirements
SALARY: $31.23 to $39.57 per hour
Participate in the planning, implementation and evaluation of total nursing care to meet the individual needs of patients on the 2 West Medical/Step-down Unit of the Miramichi Regional Hospital in accordance with the philosophy, values and mission of Horizon Health Network Miramichi Area and Medical/Step-down Unit.
- Current registration as a practicing member of NANB.
- Demonstrated adherence to legislation and Horizon Health Network Miramichi Area Confidentiality Policy to ensure all patient, business, financial and employee information is accessed on an as need to know basis.
- Rhythm Interpretation Course (BCMI) required within 6 months.
- ACLS Certification required within one year.
- Successful completion of Basic Cardiac Life Support (CPR) and recertified annually as a condition of employment.
- Certified in IV Therapy in compliance with organizational policies and procedures.
- Must be able to work rotating 12 hours day and night shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- Recent experience in the cardiac field of nursing an asset.
- Patient Safety is a critical aspect of quality healthcare. Successful candidates must be accountable for creating a culture of safety, working as a team, communicating effectively and responding to adverse events.
- Ability to attend work on a regular basis.
- Ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Good work record.
- Written and spoken competence in English is required
Applications for this position must be submitted on-line by December 2, 2020.
NOTE: There will be no further postings for this position should there be no fully qualified applicants. If you wish to be considered for this position and have most of the qualifications as posted and the registration or licensure where required, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
Should testing be required to demonstrate language proficiency, the official results will be shared with the candidate, Human Resources and the requesting manager electronically and will be placed on the personnel file for Horizon hiring purposes.
Please quote Competition # 2020- 48535 -External . Horizon Health Network appreciates expressed interest, however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Human Resources Department, Horizon Health Network.