Miramichi Registered Nurse Class A (RNCA) PCN 1750241
Horizon Health Network in Miramichi, NB
Horizon Health Network is an equal opportunity employer.
COMPETITION #: 2020-48477 External
BARGAINING UNIT: NBNU
DEPARTMENT: 4 West Pediatrics
FACILITY: Miramichi Regional Hospital
POSTING TYPE: Temporary Full Time
JOB TITLE: RNCA
CLASSIFICATION: RNCA Registered Nurse Class A
LANGUAGE: English Essential
HOURS OF WORK: Days, Evening, Nights, TEMP: December 7, 2020 to May 14, 2021; Subject to change due to operational requirements
SALARY: $31.23 to $39.57 per hour (Subject to employment status)
Participate in the planning, implementing, and evaluating of total Nursing Care to meet the individual needs of Women and Children in accordance with the vision, mission and values of Horizon Health Network Miramichi Area.
- Current registration with NANB.
- Successful completion of Basic Cardiac Life Support and recertified yearly as a condition of employment.
- Certified in IV Therapy and CVAD in compliance with hospital policies and procedures.
- Certified in 20 hour Breast Feeding course.
- Certified in Non-Violent Crisis Intervention.
- Certified in Pediatric Advanced Life Support.
- One year experience in Pediatrics and/or 2 years Med/Surg including care of Pediatric patients.
- Proof of up to date Immunization status.
- Escorts patients requiring ambulance transfers to another facility.
- Must be willing to cross train to OBS.
- Physically capable of performing assigned duties. Must be capable of working 12-hour shifts, days and nights, holidays and weekends throughout the year.
- Demonstrated ability to attend work on a regular basis.
- Demonstrated adherence to legislation and MRHA Confidentiality Policy to ensure all patients, business, financial and employee information is accessed on a need to know basis.
- Patient Safety is a critical aspect of quality healthcare. Successful candidates must be accountable for creating a culture of safety, working as a team, communicating effectively and responding to adverse events.
- Ability to attend work on a regular basis.
- Ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Good work record.
- Written and spoken competence in English is required
Applications for this position must be submitted on-line by December 2, 2020.
NOTE: There will be no further postings for this position should there be no fully qualified applicants. If you wish to be considered for this position and have most of the qualifications as posted and the registration or licensure where required, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
Should testing be required to demonstrate language proficiency, the official results will be shared with the candidate, Human Resources and the requesting manager electronically and will be placed on the personnel file for Horizon hiring purposes.
Please quote Competition # 2020- 48477 -External . Horizon Health Network appreciates expressed interest, however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Human Resources Department, Horizon Health Network.