Miramichi Diagnostic Imaging Technologist 2 (DI02) PCN 1750804
Horizon Health Network in Miramichi, NB
Horizon Health Network is an equal opportunity employer.
COMPETITION #: 2020-48426 External
BARGAINING UNIT: Medical Science Professionals
DEPARTMENT: MIRH Radiology
FACILITY: Miramichi Regional Hospital
POSTING TYPE: Temporary Full Time
JOB TITLE: Diagnostic Imaging Technologist 2 CT/General Radiography
CLASSIFICATION: Diagnostic Imaging Technologist 2 (DI02)
LANGUAGE: English Essential
HOURS OF WORK: Day; Evening; Night; Rotating, TEMP December 9, 2020 to April 30, 2021, Subject to change due to operational requirements
SALARY: $25.90 to $32.36 per hour (Subject to employment status)
The Diagnostic Imaging Technologist is responsible for technical and clinical work involving the provision of radiography procedures.
- Graduate of a Radiological Technology Program.
- Must be registered with the New Brunswick Association of Medical Radiation Technologists.
- May be required to have training and/or courses to work in specialized areas.
- Ability to attend work on a regular basis.
- Ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Good work record.
- Written and spoken competence in English is required
The Diagnostic Imaging Technologist is responsible for:
- Assessing and preparing patients for radiographic procedures
- Preparing and operating equipment
- Performing procedures in accordance with standards of practice
- Assessing images and responding appropriately
- Providing specified electrodiagnostic services (i.e. ECG, holter monitoring) in some work locations
- Using clinical information systems to access and maintain clinical records and documentation
- Assisting with or performing quality assurance activities/initiatives
- Providing mentoring and support for DI staff, students and other health care professionals
Employees are responsible to be aware of and understand Horizon's Terms of Employment: http://skyline/EmploymentBenefits/Pages/Terms-of-your-Employment-.aspx
Competencies identified by Horizon Health Network:
- Attention to Detail
- Decision Making
- Interpersonal Skills
- Patient/Client Focus
- Planning and Prioritizing Work
- Results Orientation
- Stress Management
- Teamwork and Collaboration
Applications for this position must be submitted on-line by December 2, 2020.
NOTE: There will be no further postings for this position should there be no fully qualified applicants. If you wish to be considered for this position and have most of the qualifications as posted and the registration or licensure where required, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
Should testing be required to demonstrate language proficiency, the official results will be shared with the candidate, Human Resources and the requesting manager electronically and will be placed on the personnel file for Horizon hiring purposes.
Please quote Competition # 2020- 48426 -External . Horizon Health Network appreciates expressed interest, however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Human Resources Department, Horizon Health Network.