Fredericton Licensed Practical Nurse (3014) PCN 1150727
Horizon Health Network in Fredericton, NB
Horizon Health Network is an equal opportunity employer.
COMPETITION #: 2020-48393 External
BARGAINING UNIT: CUPE
FACILITY: Dr. Everett Chalmers Regional Hospital
POSTING TYPE: Temporary Full Time
JOB TITLE: LPN
CLASSIFICATION: Licensed Practical Nurse (3014)
LANGUAGE: English Essential
HOURS OF WORK: Rotating Days, Evenings, TEMP: January 1, 2021 to March 31, 2022; Subject to change due to operational requirements
SALARY: $23.2545 to $25.0316 per hour
As a member of an interdisciplinary team, plans, prioritizes and implements patient care under the direction of the Registered Nurse; promotes patients' self-care and appropriately assists with their activities of daily living; documents patient care, identifying and reporting pertinent information to the Registered Nurse. Perform other duties as assigned. May be reassigned throughout the department as required.
- Graduate from an approved school for Licensed Practical Nurses
- Currently registered with the N.B. Association of Licensed Practical Nurses
- Ability to function within the recognized scope of practice for an LPN
- Ability to function within an interdisciplinary - team setting
- Demonstrates initiative, good judgment, and the ability to set priorities
- Curent CPR certification and Non-Violent Crisis Intervention
- High regard for confidentiality
- Ability to communicate effectively and pleasantly with patients, families, staff, physicians and the general public
- Ability to attend work on a regular basis.
- Ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Good work record.
- Written and spoken competence in English is required.
Applications for this position must be submitted on-line by November 25, 2020.
NOTE: There will be no further postings for this position should there be no fully qualified applicants. If you wish to be considered for this position and have most of the qualifications as posted and the registration or licensure where required, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
Should testing be required to demonstrate language proficiency, the official results will be shared with the candidate, Human Resources and the requesting manager electronically and will be placed on the personnel file for Horizon hiring purposes.
Please quote Competition # 2020- 48393 -External . Horizon Health Network appreciates expressed interest, however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Human Resources Department, Horizon Health Network.