Senior Analytics Specialist
DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH
SENIOR ANALYTICS SPECIALIST
PAY BAND 5
CONTRACT OR SECONDMENT OPPORTUNITY
The Department of Health is seeking an individual to join the Corporate Services and Francophone Affairs Division as a Senior Analytics Specialist in Fredericton.
As members of the Health Analytics team, the successful candidate will report to the Director of Health Analytics and will be responsible to conduct various analytical and statistical exercises concerning health system issues. He/she will be responsible to link, integrate and analyze COVID-19 and other departmental data as well as to present the results using departmental dashboards. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Develop and use predictive models to recommend optimal approaches to complex issues;
- Develop data visualization for use in various departmental dashboards;
- Determine appropriate selection of statistical and methodological approaches to quantitative analysis;
- Provide advice to program managers, department heads and senior management on the benefits and limitations of various analytical approaches and results;
- Represent the Department on various federal/ provincial/territorial, inter-departmental, intra-departmental and multi-stakeholder committees.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS: Master's degree in Data Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, Business Administration, or Engineering and a minimum of four (4) years related work experience OR a Bachelor's degree in Data Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, Business Administration, or Engineering and a minimum five (5) years related work experience. Knowledge of statistical software packages such as SAS, R, STATA, SPSS is also required. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
Written and spoken competence in English is required. Please state your language capability.
Applicants must clearly demonstrate the essential qualifications to be given further consideration. Please ensure that preferred language for assessment is identified on your resume.
ASSET QUALIFICATIONS: Preference may be given to candidates that possess one or more of the following asset qualifications:
- Experience with Microsoft Power BI.
- Experience working with large data sets.
Subject to the response to this competition, candidates may be required to demonstrate on their application one or more of the asset qualifications in addition to the essential qualifications in order to be given further consideration.
BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES: The successful candidate will possess the following behavioural competencies:
- Analytical Thinking/Judgment
- Effective Interactive Communication
- Results Orientation
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES: The successful candidate will possess the following technical competencies:
- Knowledge of research methodologies, principles and practices;
- Written Communication;
- Ability to Use Office Technology, Software and Applications;
Salary: $56,524 to $78,962 per annum
We encourage applicants to apply on-line at https://www.ere.gnb.ca/competition.aspx?lang=E&t=Y or by mail at the following address by December 2, 2020 indicating number DOH-20-0043. This opportunity may be used to fill future vacancies at the same level.
Department of Health
4th floor' 520 King Street
Fredericton' NB E3B 5G8
Telephone : (506) 453-4331
E-Mail : HR-RH.DH-MS@gnb.ca
We thank all those who apply however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
We promote a scent-reduced environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The New Brunswick Public Service: Improving the lives of New Brunswickers every day!