Operations Worker I
DEPARTMENT OF TOURISM, HERITAGE AND CULTURE
OPERATIONS WORKER I
2 CASUAL POSITIONS
Mount Carleton Provincial Park
The Department of Tourism, Heritage and Culture is seeking an individual to join the Mount Carleton Provincial Park as Operations Worker I for the Winter season.
As a member of the Mount Carleton Provincial Park, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following primary duties:
- Gas sales to snowmobilers during winter months
- Minor maintenance of equipment
- Plowing and snow removal
- Operate small equipment
- Fallow all work safe rules and regulations
- Basic mechanical, electrical, plumbing and alternative energy work
- Cleaning duties
- All other maintenance duties required by the supervisor/ manager
- Grade 10
- Experience an asset
- Basic first aid will be considered as an asset
- Drivers license
- Able to work alone or with others
- Basic computer skills
Written and spoken competence in English and French is required.
Please attach a copy of your driver's license and a current Driver's Abstract (available from Service New Brunswick) with your application.
Applicants must clearly demonstrate the essential qualifications to be given further consideration. Please ensure that preferred language for assessment is identified on your resume.
Preference may be given to candidates who demonstrate:
- WHIMIS certification
- First Aid training
- Possession of a certified chainsaw operator certificate
- Trail maintenance and repair experience
- Full time during winter season (40 hours a week)
- Shift work and weekends
- Indoors and outdoors, all weather conditions
Subject to the response to this competition, candidates may be required to demonstrate on their application one or more of the asset qualifications in addition to the essential qualifications in order to be given further consideration.
The successful candidate will possess the following behavioural competencies:
- Effective Interactive Communication
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- The successful candidate will possess the following technical competency:
- Knowledge of Health and Safety Procedures
Résumés should be in chronological order specifying education and employment in months and years including part-time and full-time employment.
We encourage applicants to apply on-line, by email to email@example.com or by mail at the following address before November 30, 2020:
Department of Tourism, Heritage & Culture
Human Resource Branch
Marysville Place, 4th floor,
P.O. Box 6000, Fredericton, NB E3B 5H1
We thank all those who apply however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
As per the Civil Service Act, candidates registered with the Equal Employment Opportunity Program and veterans, who demonstrate they are among the most qualified, shall be given preference at the time of appointment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we promote a scent-reduced environment.
The New Brunswick Public Service: Improving the lives of New Brunswickers every day!