Miramichi Registered Nurse Class A (RNCA) PCN 1751032
Horizon Health Network in Miramichi, NB
Horizon Health Network is an equal opportunity employer.
COMPETITION #: 2020-48387 External
BARGAINING UNIT: NBNU
DEPARTMENT: MIRH Relief Team- ER CCU
FACILITY: Miramichi Regional Hospital
POSTING TYPE: Permanent Full Time
JOB TITLE: Registered Nurse
CLASSIFICATION: RNCA Registered Nurse Class A
LANGUAGE: English Essential
HOURS OF WORK: Day; Night; Rotating, Subject to change due to operational requirements
SALARY: $31.23 to $39.57 per hour
Participate in the planning and giving of total nursing care to meet the individual needs of patients in the Emergency and Concentrated Care Units in accordance with the philosophy, objectives and policies of the hospital and the Nursing Department.
- Current registration as a practicing member of the Nurses Association of New Brunswick.
- Demonstrated adherence to legislation and Horizon Health Network Zone 7 Miramichi Confidentiality Policy to ensure all patient, business, financial and employee information is accessed on an as need to know basis.
- Successful completion of Basic Cardiac Life Support Course and recertified yearly as a condition of continuing employment.
- Certified in IV and CVAD Therapy in compliance with hospital policies and procedures.
- Must be able to work rotating shifts, as assigned, including weekends and holidays throughout the year.
- Patient Safety is a critical aspect of quality healthcare. Successful candidates must be accountable for creating a culture of safety, working as a team, communicating effectively and responding to adverse events.
- Ability to attend work on a regular basis.
- Ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Good work record.
- Written and spoken competence in English is required.
ER/CCU specific qualifications:
- Current ACLS Certification or willing to acquire certification at the earliest opportunity, not to exceed six months.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a critical care setting or successful completion of the NBCCNP.
- Coronary Care Course with rhythm interpretation or successful completion of challenge exam.
- Current PALS Certification desirable.
- Current certification in TNCC or willing to acquire certification at earliest opportunity, not to exceed 12 months.
- Must complete required certification for medical delegated functions specific to ER/CCU within 6 months
- Current ENCP Certification or willing to obtain within 1 year
- Non-Violent Crisis Intervention or obtain within 1 year
Applications for this position must be submitted on-line by November 25, 2020.
NOTE: There will be no further postings for this position should there be no fully qualified applicants. If you wish to be considered for this position and have most of the qualifications as posted and the registration or licensure where required, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
Should testing be required to demonstrate language proficiency, the official results will be shared with the candidate, Human Resources and the requesting manager electronically and will be placed on the personnel file for Horizon hiring purposes.
Please quote Competition # 2020- 48387 -External . Horizon Health Network appreciates expressed interest, however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Human Resources Department, Horizon Health Network.