Saint John Registered Nurse Class A (RNCA) PCN 1256421
Horizon Health Network in Saint John, NB
Horizon Health Network is an equal opportunity employer.
COMPETITION #: 2020-48381 External
BARGAINING UNIT: NBNU
ZONE: Saint John
DEPARTMENT: I nternal medicine
FACILITY: Saint John Regional Hospital
POSTING TYPE: Permanent Part Time
JOB TITLE: Registered Nurse
CLASSIFICATION: RNCA Registered Nurse Class A
LANGUAGE: English Essential
HOURS OF WORK: Rotating, Day; Evening; Night, FTE: 0.6; Subject to change due to operational requirements
SALARY: $31.23 to $39.57 per hour
Provision of Nursing Care to meet the individual patients' needs by utilizing the nursing process.
- Currently registered with the Nurses Association of New Brunswick
- Demonstrates and understands the Nursing Process
- Experience with peritoneal dialysis
- Ability to perform 12 lead ECG monitoring and dysrhythmia interpretation
- CPR certification
- High regard for confidentiality and advocacy for patients
- Demonstrates initiative and good judgment
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to attend work on a regular basis.
- Ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Good work record.
- Written and spoken competence in English is required.
- Assesses the health care needs of patients including patients assigned to non-professional staff.
- Identifies patient needs and problems utilizing an assessment tool.
- Identifies needs effecting discharge planning and potential services required at home.
- Formulates objectives specific to the patient needs.
- Provides health teaching, counseling, and health promotion to individuals or groups.
- Provides nursing care required to achieve the patient's desired outcomes.
- Evaluates outcomes of nursing actions for further assessment and planning.
- Utilizes effective communication skills to achieve a helping relationship.
- Supports new employees during orientation.
- Directs and supervises non-professional staff.
- Interacts with the nursing department in identifying, planning, implementing and evaluating changes.
- Demonstrates initiative for personal professional development.
- Participates in programs promoting quality improvement on nursing unit.
Applications for this position must be submitted on-line by November 25, 2020.
NOTE: There will be no further postings for this position should there be no fully qualified applicants. If you wish to be considered for this position and have most of the qualifications as posted and the registration or licensure where required, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
Should testing be required to demonstrate language proficiency, the official results will be shared with the candidate, Human Resources and the requesting manager electronically and will be placed on the personnel file for Horizon hiring purposes.
Please quote Competition # 2020- 48381 -External . Horizon Health Network appreciates expressed interest, however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Human Resources Department, Horizon Health Network.