Payroll and Benefits Officer
Legislative Assembly of New Brunswick
Payroll and Benefits Officer
1 Year Secondment or Contract
The Legislative Assembly of New Brunswick is seeking an individual to join the Finance and Human Resources Office as a Payroll and Benefits Officer.
The Finance and Human Resources Office within the Clerk's Office of the Legislative Assembly of New Brunswick provides services to the Members of the Legislative Assembly, the Offices of the Legislative Assembly and Legislative Officers.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Preparing and processing various aspects of payroll on a bi-weekly basis while adhering to processing deadlines;
- Verification and reconciliation of bi-weekly payrolls to ensure accuracy of input into the Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS);
- Communicating with departments, outside agencies, Members of the Legislative Assembly, and employees including responding to inquiries by phone or in writing;
- Providing general administrative support such as preparing correspondence and reports, data entry, preparing journal entries, maintaining personnel files and other human resources files and manuals.
PAY BAND 2: A post-secondary diploma in office administration, payroll or accounting with a minimum of two (2) years of related work experience.
PAY BAND 3: University degree, OR, a two (2) year post-secondary diploma in office administration, payroll or accounting with a minimum of three (3) years of related work experience.
The Successful candidate must also possess the following essential qualifications:
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills to allow effective multi-tasking; and
- Ability to exercise discretion and confidentiality.
Subject to the response of this competition, an equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered, or the required years of experience may be increased.
Written and spoken competence in English is required. Please state your language capability.
Applicants must clearly demonstrate essential qualifications to be given further consideration.
ASSET QUALIFICATIONS: Preference may be given to those candidates that demonstrate they have experience or training in one or more of the following areas:
- Professional designation from the Canadian Payroll Association;
- Experience with HRIS;
- Advanced experience in MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
Subject to the response of this competition, candidates may be required to demonstrate on their application one or more of the asset qualifications in addition to the essential qualifications in order to be given further consideration.
OPERATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: The ability to work extended and/or flexible hours is required during certain times of the year.
Salary: $41,184 to $62,842 annually, depending on education and experience.
We encourage applicants to apply online at www.ere.gnb.ca or by email at LEGHR-RH@gnb.ca by November 27, 2020, indicating competition number: OLA-PBO-2020-01.
This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same level.
We thank all those who apply, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.