NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT: Management and Non Bargaining
ZONE: To be determined
FACILITY: To be determined
DEPARTMENT: Human Resources - Labour Relations
CLASSIFICATION: Legal Assistant
STATUS: Permanent full-time
ANTICIPATED START DATE: As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK:
8-hour shifts - Monday to Friday
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
JOB SUMMARY: The successful candidate will play a key role on the team, being responsible for organizing, processing and controlling various files of a legal or disciplinary nature. The successful candidate will prepare legal documents and handle and follow-up on matters of a legal or disciplinary nature. The successful candidate will also assemble and present legal or disciplinary documents. The successful candidate will perform confidential tasks discretion and diplomacy. The successful candidate will assist the legal advisor in their duties.
- College diploma from a legal assistant program;
- Three years' experience as a legal assistant;
- A combination of experience and education could be considered;
- Demonstrated competencies managing files and priorities;
- Demonstrated ability to work on a team with minimal supervision;
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple initiatives while showing initiative, judgment and critical thinking;
- Demonstrated time management skills and flexibility accommodating changing priorities;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Ability to communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing;
- Ability to travel, as required;
- Willingness to work flexible schedules to meet the requirements of the position;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Physical ability to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, to the Network management philosophy and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by the Vitalité Health Network .
Written and spoken competence in English and French is required.
1. The classification of this position will require evaluation/validation by the provincial Part III committee.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.