Senior Accountant, Assurance & Accounting
Our client is one of Canada fastest growing national Accounting firms, with an entrepreneurial spirit and a culture that fosters collaboration and a balanced lifestyle. They are looking to add a Senior Accountant, Assurance and Accounting to their Mount Pearl office in Newfoundland.
The ideal candidate would possess their CPA designation and have experience in conducting compilation, review, audit, bookkeeping and tax engagements. You would be part of a team in a client facing position where you would prepare financial statements and corresponding notes, compute taxes owed and prepare personal and corporate tax returns. You should also be comfortable preparing professional correspondence, technical reports and be able to raise and identify technical issues with a manager or engagement partner. With a client base of mainly small to medium size businesses, the successful candidate would have a solid understanding of Canadian GAAP and be able to respond to clients questions and queries. You would also be able to work under minimum supervision in a client facing role and be a collaborative team player.
- Completion of a CPA desigantion
- 2 to 4 years of relevant work experience in a public accounting environment
- Extensive knowledge and experience working with Canadian GAAP
- Solid understanding of business, accounting, management and practice development principles
- Experience working with accounting and tax software such as Caseware, Profile, Quickbooks and Simply Accounting.
- Some travel may be required
Work With Us
In return, you will receive a competitive base salary, generous paid time off, a group pension plan and wellness subsidy. Personal growth is performance based and the client will invest in your professional development.